cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

trying to update bank details for direct debit payments due to change of bank.

Go to solution

system not updating new bank details and indian call centre chat line unable to deal with the issue.  Deaf person who cant hear automated instructions on the 0800 443 311 number

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: trying to update bank details for direct debit payments due to change of bank.

Go to solution

Shouldn't the banks sort that out between them?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 3 of 11

Re: trying to update bank details for direct debit payments due to change of bank.

Go to solution

@NOT_HAPPY1

Have you tried the options here How to change your Direct Debit details ?

You can log into MyBT to do it. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

tried to update using BT site....not updating...so resorted to phone call to BT and they are dealing with it

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NOT_HAPPY1,

I am sorry to hear that you can't get your details changed. Have you tried doing it online through your MyBT as @CJT80 suggested? I'd also recommend you checked our Communication Choices - Link updated

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
CJT80
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@DanielS

Just some feedback. I think the Communication Choices leaflet needs to be updated.  It still mentions TextRelay which has been replaced by NGT Relay.  The Leaflet says  © British Telecommunications plc 2013

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

all done and dusted....friend made phone call to BT and sorted it out....thread closed now  🙂

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

That's perfect, thanks @NOT_HAPPY1.

I've updated the link in my last post for you Smiley Very Happy

If you need any help in the future please feel free to get in touch with us.

Thanks to everyone else who commented.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
newagetraveller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

This same thing has happened to me.

I've tried twice, without success, by logging in to my account to change the bank details. Nothing happened.

I phoned to change the bank details for DD payment, explaining that it wasn't working online. The lady (Indian call centre?)advised that it had all gone through after providing the new bank account information.

It still hasn't been done. So how can this be carried out properly?

They would soon be chasing for any unpaid DDs, why is it so difficult to carry out this simple task?

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@newagetraveller

Does the account page in MyBT show which account is being used to take the DD payment? It is unlikely it will show the full details, some will have * instead. 

If it doesn't show the new account, can you update it? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings