Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinB1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

unanswered calls to a mobile.

Go to solution
On 29th October my daughter made several attempts from home, to urgently contact her mum,'s mobile, I think there were something like 19 or20 attempts within a short space of time (10_20 minutes) before she got through, all save the last call went unanswered, is it therefore right that I have been charged 28p for each attempt? £9.00 for what was in effect a one minute call?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: unanswered calls to a mobile.

Go to solution

When you say it went unanswered do you mean it just rang out or went to the mobile answer machine. I'm guessing here but if it went to the answer machine, even for a second that will count as a connected call and there will probably be a minimum one minute charge for each call.

0 Ratings
MartinB1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
I would agree with you about the charge if that was the case, but each call is showing as lasting about 7-10 seconds, not long enough to go to answerphone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I think it only records on your bill if it does actually connect, not just for trying, so it sounds like it has connected albeit only for a few seconds.

0 Ratings
MartinB1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank, sounds like I had best be having words with someone then about how many times they try to call.....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yeh, one call, leave a message on answer machine or text or your daughters number will  show up on her mothers phone as a missed call and when her mum is able could call back.

Highlighted
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

If a time is shown on your bill then it means the call was answered. It must have been going to the mobile voicemail. If a call is terminated before it is answered it will not show on your bill as there is no charge for it.

Peter
0 Ratings