cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiwiscot
Message 1 of 3

undercharged due to billing error

Go to solution
Signed up to fibre optic in October, and after a long winded connection (and subsequent complaint), I was given a very good deal, our bill was to be £47 a month, not including any calls. Pleasantly surprised when the bill came in at £35. There was 2 special discounts of £12.15 applied. I never queried it as I had been through the bill over the phone with my complaints manager and it was never mentioned. Then, my latest bill has now had one of these discounts removed.

Now, given that I was paying less than I should have been, I wasn't all that bothered by the extra charge. What does bother me, however, is that there was no contact from BT to inform me of the change. Also, underneath the 'special discount', it stated clearly that these discounts were to last for 12 months. So I have another 7 months to go.

So my question is, can BT make changes without notification if the bill will cost more than normal, and more importantly, can they alter it at all, given that it states the discount will last for 12 months? Are they legally bound by that, even though it was a 'billing error'???
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: undercharged due to billing error

Go to solution

Hi @kiwiscot,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can check this and make sure all the correct discounts are in place. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
kiwiscot
Message 3 of 3

Re: undercharged due to billing error

Go to solution
Ok thanks.
0 Ratings