cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan1984
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

upgraded to be infinity but turns out infinity means no internet at all.

I just want to put this out there as I will be honest I am losing the will live with bt. We upgrade to the top but infinity package after be called and said we could get it at my home I spoke the sales team who where really helpful and they sent out all the gear TV box new router ect. This arrived exactly as promised. I set it all up as the paper work said and out old Internet kept running until switch over day as promised again which was great no down time then switch over day came and it was like moving into the fast lane.

unfortunately we only managed to stay in the fast lane for about 24 hrs as the next day we woke to find we had no internet at all. 

I got got on the phone to be and after fighting with the call centre about the home set up and the wall socket which I had already check like your web site suggested a engineer was book as they could not find anything wrong.  So I booked the time of work to stay at home to wait for the engineer. 

NO ENGINEER TURNS UP..... Chased bt who could not give me a answer as to why no engineer turned up said they would look into it and get back to me ( that was a month and half ago now by the way still no news) 

spoke to another lady at bt who could not understand why I was annoyed at no engineer turning up but booked me another for a SUNDAY...... GUESS WHAT  NO ONE TURNS UP  when I call bt to find out why no one has turned up again they say open reach don't work Sunday so they did not know why the appointment was booked.... Very annoying now two no shows now booked in for a engineer to turn up for the wed morning book another morning of work I am assured that he will arrive between be fore 13:00 at half 12 when no one has show up I call by and speak to just about the rudest man in a call centre I have ever dealt with who told me if I was told that they would be here by 13:00 at the latest then they would be. 13:00 arrive no one turns up 13:20 I go on to a online chat on my mobile as I did not want to speak to the obnoxious call centre man from before the man on the live chat calls me back to apologies but to tell me no engineer will be coming today  as they are team members short ...... What the hell why did no one call me in the morning to tell me know one would be coming let alone I still have a fault I have now wasted 1 and a half days for engineers who never show up.

i have to say the chap I spoke to on this occasion did try and help at least and you guessed it booked me another engineers visit . A few days later a engineer arrives from open reach nice chap rang me when he was 20 min away which was good touch... I was thinking maybe things are looking up for bt. He came in the house check my phone line all fine check just out side my house all seems fine then went up to the box up the street came back to the house to say he knew why I had no broadband. 

There was no space in the cabinet for my infinity, there was a extension box on the side of it but there is nothing in it it's completely empty. He said technically there is nothing he could do he tried to find out when the cabinet was due to have its inudes as he put it installed but he was not able to find out. He told me we should not have been moved to but infinty at all or someone has taken our spot in the existing cabinet he said this might be the case as we did have infinty for one day in which case another engineer may have used our port for another customer.... He could not tell me though said I would have to speak with bt

so now being very annoyed I tried by again to try and work out what was going on they told me they did not really know what's happening but should be up and running by the 18th of August  so nearly one month with out Internet. I was not happy but there is nothing from I could do and the call centre was again rude refused to answer my question about why we where moved to infinity or have we been unplugged, all I want to know is what happened as at the moment having no internet at home is coursing me big problems for work and now I can't access any of my online subscriptions. Which I am paying for and I have paid by for a service I am not receiving. I just want a explanation the call centres do not seem to understand me I am afraid.

the 18th of August came and still no internet I am ready to scream by this point. BT do not get someone hopes up with false promises rule 101 of customer services. I have to go through the same regional as I do trying to speak to someone and then I am told that it will not be fixed until the 14 th of September great another promise that means nothing I ask to speak to the cancellation department as that would be nearly 2 months with no internet which I have no faith it will be fixed by then as bt have lied to me so many times I don't think they know what the truth is. I wanted to explore my options as I have had thife service for only one day is my contract I forcible the cancellation department said I don't really have any options i have to let them try and fix what is wrong however if they can't then the contract maybe be ended. ( also I find this strange). I asked this chap can't I be put back onto my old total broadband while they are trying to fix the infinity so I can at least get some work done from home. He told me know as this would stop them trying to repair what is wrong with the infinty ( I don't get this either as they won't admit what is wrong despite the enter ever telling me what was wrong so how did he know what would or would not effect the the repair). 

I then yesterday have a answer phone message left me yesterday say but will call me back on the 25 of September to update me. WHAT THE HELL i am expecting this to be repaired by the 14th of September as promised why would you be updating me on the 25th if all is fixed on the 14 th as PROMISED. My guess is that bt already know this won't be done just man up and tell me that and answer my question as to what is wrong as you have had over a month now Shirley no one is that incompetent. 

I just oust want someone to tell me the truth and not fob me off I am having to do a stupid number of hours at my office as I am unable to do any work from home and with a heavily pregnant wife this is not good. Bt can you please just try and find someone who is prepared to be honest with me and help that's all I want. Ohh and some broad band would be great to at this rate it feels like I will need to ask Santa.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: upgraded to be infinity but turns out infinity means no internet at all.

Flagged for order team

0 Ratings
ryan1984
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith sorry to sound stupid but what does flagged for order team mean?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@ryan1984 wrote:

Hi Keith sorry to sound stupid but what does flagged for order team mean?

Your issue has been raised with one of the moderators who will tell you how to contact a special UK order team.

Wait for a reply on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi ryan1984,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having problems with this. If the Infinity worked for one day then it would point to the order being completed and we would need to be looking at this from a fault point of view. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you please send over your details? You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6
Moved:

Infinity is possibly the worst thing I ever signed up for

0 Ratings