Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnadin91
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

very bad service / complaint team with fixing the real problem

Go to solution

I am about to buy new home and move , I don’t know when I will move but I did ring BT call centre and inform them that I will like to move and give them my new address and inform them I don’t know when I will move so we put date of 3 DEC and even if I stay in current address no problem just need to inform them a week before the date of moving , in last week of November received BT sim card to my address by with different name , I did not though it is big issue , next day I received a letter from BT to my address but named by someone else , I opened the letter to find out it is welcome letter for new customer in my address and the service will start at 3DEC  , I phone BT and they tell me the mobile sim card and letter send by error to by address , and they will not cancel my service and I have just to ignore this letter after that they transfer my call to mobile team so they can block the sim , few days later , the delivery guy want to deliver BT hub and TV stuff for the same person letter derived before , I refused to accept the stuff and asked to be send back to BT as there is no one live in my address by that name , I phone BT again and they tell me there is nothing to worry about and all sorted , same answer they send the stuff to wrong address , on 3DEC midnight i lost my Internet and phone service , in the morning I rang BT and they tell yes you should lose the service as I moved to new address , (they make me feel that I never phoned them before to compline about this matter , after hours on the phone first thing I could not work as I was planning to work from home that day , secondly I been told there is nothing they can do as the service for new customer will be start at any time in my address , raised complaint  and I been advice from BT staff to use neighbours internet if I need internet or use the new customer internet in my address , after one week I phoned BT to ask what is happened with my complaint   and I been informed that the complaint  closed , so I had to raised new complaint and they tell me that they will merge the new customer account to my account , few days later received email from BT to say welcome and I got 18 month contract with them , I phone them and they tell me to ignore this email and the IT team are trying to fix my problem , in last week of DEC I got my phone number working again in my address , I thought everything sorted I not going to hear anything from BT , but noooo BT want to make live like hell , in begin of Jan I been over charge with BT and received call from BT to chase payment from me , I phoned BT again they tell me the payment I been charged with is from broadband  ( i never order it ) so they tell me that I have two account with BT and they don’t know why , they agree to refund the money they take from account and they tell me everything it is find , today 18Jan received again later to my address with that new customer name ( who never live it at my address ) about outstanding payment and if this payment did not by made they pass it to collection agency , and BT staff tell me the is no impact for me , but the debt collection agency my come to address to ask for the payment from that person name on debt  (the new customer who never live in my address ) and they tell me maybe this name is someone used live in my address and even after confirming many times that no one lived before and going to live later in my address still refusing to remove the address from they own system abd putting my reputation  at risk in front of my neighbours , and when I did ask when my contract start , they tell me it is from Jan19 which totally wrong , after all the stress I been though they refused to cancel my contract early as possible  they tell me they will allowed to me to leave BT in end of Jun19 instant Jun20 , I am very upset with the service and the way BT handed my issue  , I been advice that I ignored goodbye letter from BT send before the new service for new customer start which I never never received this letter , 
I can’t understand how BT will give new account without credit check to insure yes this person living in that address , and why BT ignored all my calls in Nov18 which I conformed in each call that new customer name mention in the welcome letter does not live in my address , how come the staff want me to accept visit from debt collection agency ignoring that make me streets and affecting me personally , last thing is the credit scare . BT they will put that person name in credit reference agencies forget about the fact that my address will be effect it as there is debt in my hose and that will affect me and may affecting my mortgage application with my back  , I dont know this issue it will be finash , but I hope BT will sorted soon ......... 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: very bad service / complaint team with fixing the real problem

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Samd1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Jnadin91

My experiance with BT has led me to the conclusion that email conversation directly (not via chat or over phone) with a named employee is the only way forward. BT also love to close complaints proir to the 56 day or 8 week dead line that you can then escilate to the ombudsman. Good luck might be worth touching base with Citizens Advice Service and enquireing if they can assist you.

Samd1

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @jnadin91,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. I'd like to offer you my team's help. We can be your sole point of contact to save you ringing in having to explain yourself more than once. I've sent you a Private Message with more information.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings