Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PaulRCollins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 33

Re: warren buckley contact details

Having found no direct route to complain about BT and after speaking to someone in a BT UK call centre only to be told BT doesn’t have a central complaints department, my only option remaining is to air my dirty linen in public.

On 14/2 at around 11.30 my phone, broadband, wireless etc stopped working.  I called the BT fault line and was told that there was a problem with the local exchange and that I would be advised by text within the hour of the estimated fix time.

Text arrived, which said problem would be fixed by 5pm on the 17 Feb.  At around PM on the 16th the phone line was restored …..but no broadband.   So I called the appropriate 0800 number and after navigating the most unhelpful call routing system I have ever encountered I finally got through to BTs offshore Tech Support team…………. Only for them to tell me that the reason why my broadband wasn’t working was because my hub was faulty.  They didn’t seem to want to listen to the fact that I thought this was too much of a coincidence, so they said they would arrange for a new hub to be despatched immediately and it would arrive within “a few days”, but in the mean time they would look into the fault to see whether it was caused by something else.

On 17th Feb, got a call from BT to say that the reason my broadband wasn’t working was because it was linked to an incorrect number and that they needed to reassign it – which would take 2 working days………… as it was now gone 5pm on Friday, this meant four actual days

On 19th Feb, I got another call from Tech Support to say that no new hub had been ordered and my broadband account would be re-activated by 27th Feb !!!

This is the point at which I tried to locate BTs Complaints Team and had to encounter again the “throw a six to start” call routing system.  I finally got through to a UK call centre only to be told BT didn’t have one and that I would have to speak to Tech Support – the advisor was really unhelpful, wouldn’t take any ownership and said that the problem had to be resolved before I could complaint.  I finally agreed that she could put me through to Tech Support………. At which point she promptly cut me off…………….. so I had to throw a six to start again !!!

This was when I discovered BTs online chat facility, and had a nice chat with a more helpful individual………but was still told………… having gone thru most of the above that

“I am sorry but we in the complaints team cannot deal with this………….you’ll have to speak to tech support……………and complaints can only be dealt with once the problem is fixed” !!!

The full transcript of this conversation has the following reference VOL 001-61535197584

So, off I went to throw a six again, but low and behold the 0800 number I had just been given had a ring back facility where I was promised a call back within the hour…………this was just after 11am on 20th.  3.45pm and still no call back so I called the same number and this time I got through.  This time I was told that:

-          My broadband had been stopped in error, and

-          Had been completely disconnected

Tech Support would work to get it fixed asap.

Broadband finally returned on 22 Feb.

However, I now have a nice letter from Warren Buckley “welcoming me to BT” and advising that my phone service will start on 27th Feb and my contract will be for a period of 18 months.

So, I would like to contact Warren to thank him for his letter and to ask him if he could:

1. Put my agreement back to how it was on the 14th Feb, and confirm that I have now new 18 month commitment to BT
  2. Arrange for the new V3 hub to be sent, as was promised on the 16th…….. and to wave the delivery fee
  3. Credit my account for the period during which I had no service……….. or offer a reduced monthly fee for the next 3 months, in line with your current offer……….because after all they treating me like a new customer!
  4. Because BT Openzone/BTFON has time limited access, reimburse my travel expenses for the week commencing 20th Feb as I had to travel to my office every day to get unrestricted web access……………weekly travel card was £116.

There we go, rant over…………… I feel much better now.

Can someone please put me in touch with Warren Buckley.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 33

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or telephone 0800 800 150

Please remove your personal fault details, as this is a public forum.

If live chat does not resolve it then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate e-mail confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 33

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forums 🙂 I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had with your service. If you follow Keith's link to the BT Care Team, we'll pick up your case and make sure to get any issues you have sorted out 😉

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaulRCollins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 33

Why should I remove my persoanl fault problems, I would like every one to see what a third rate service I have received from BT.

If anyone from BT wants to discuss this with me, email me and I will give you a number you can call me on.  I am fed up with the way BT makes it extremely difficult to complain.

PaulRCollins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 33

PS...... I would hope BT monitor these postings.............as I do understand this is a customer to customer forum.  Hopefully they have some sophisticated web monitoring tool etc....

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 33

@PaulRCollins wrote:

PS...... I would hope BT monitor these postings

If you read DeanM's post, you'll find that BT have responded and invited you to contact them through the usual link.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Lyn2000
Contributor
Message 17 of 33

He is also on twitter which is where details of this email are available to the public.

I had to go down this route and higher once, right to one of the BT directors, but got my problem resolved in the end. Try the UK mod team first as they are usually very good. The call centres abroad are fine for simple problems and technical stuff, Ive found, but don't waste too much time with them, as you will get nowhere for more complicated stuff. Go straight to the top. It is the only way.  Warren will likely never have read that letter. They just use his name. Have clear details of the problem and what you require to get done. I've found that works best.

Take a note of all the details, in case you need to contact ofcom (the telecommunications) people at a later date if your problem is not resolved. A bit like keeping a diary.

I think, i may be wrong, that bt wholesale (where they set up broadband etc) and bt retail (where you get your letters and bills) are pretty much 2 separate companies. This is where the ridiculous complications can arise, as the contact breaks down. Not much comfort, but it does explain the endless array of problems BT pull out the hat.

It can get you down, so contact a uk moderator and or warren and should get sorted out o.k. Good luck!

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 33

@Lyn2000 wrote:

It can get you down, so contact a uk moderator

He's been advised to do that three times already in this thread.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
PaulRCollins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

thanks for the info and email address, I just really wanted to rant and make BT aware of how inept they are - although they probably know that already, I haven't really got the will to have another go with Live Chat etc as suggested by Mr Potty..... as they just go round in circles, have no authority or decision making capability and just spout the company line !

0 Ratings
PaulRCollins
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 33

is there a black star to tick is it's unhelpful 🙂