cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g4jnw
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

whats the earliest date i need to give to leave?

Go to solution

My contract started 29th August last year on a 12 month contract, i paid 12 months advance line rental fee.

Never had issues with my last provider (Sky) or the one before (plusnet) but have had drop outs almost everyday but intermittant. Have spoken to BT several times but only been online talking to them once when a drop out happened.

They promissed to send a new router and never did so rather than a constant battle Ive decided to leave but what is the earliest date i can give notice so as not to incur cancellation charges or loose my paid line rental?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: whats the earliest date i need to give to leave?

Go to solution

You will need to see out your minimum contract period of 12 months. If you do not do that you will incur cancellation fees and have to pay for any equipment BT supplied to you.

As regards the line rental it is not refundable after you have paid it regardless of whether or not you see out your minimum period.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12818/~/what%E2%80%99s-this-cancellation-fee-for%3F

0 Ratings
g4jnw
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

So then if i give notice a month before or find a new isp to start after that date, i should be ok

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I wouldn't bet on that. I am sure there have been instances of people giving 30 days notice a month before the contract ended and they were hit with fees because it was taken that you were ending your contract early and not seeing out the full year even although they were paying t the end of the contract.

In any event, if you are moving to another ISP with the exception of Virgin, you only need to give 14 days notice and you should contact your new ISP who should do all the notification to your "old" ISP.

0 Ratings
g4jnw
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, will wait it out to be safe, have accepted as a solution thank you

0 Ratings