cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esxboi
Message 1 of 3

wireing out side property left all out side of box by engineer & crossed lines with talk talk!

the engineer who installed my service was a joke he spent 5 hours running a cable from the front of the property to the back, he then had me drill my own hole through the wall for the cable to come in, and then after he left I noticed he had just left a tangled mess of wiring out side of the little black box that it was initialy neatly inside! IMG_0914.JPG

But worse than that i had been given my phone number by BT for my new servic and it turned out to be the exact same number as the already excisting talk talk service in my parents part of the house.. then the fun begins! there service got canceld  without there knowledge because talk talk though they had switched to BT, so they contacted talk talk and corrected that mistake 2 days later i got a txt and email from BT saying that they were sorry i was leaving them to go to Talk Talk! (this was less than a wk in to a 12 month contract) so i contacted BT and was eventually told thatthey will have to cancele the contract send an engineer back around on the 13th july (about 3 wks wait) so i wait for the 13th it comes and goes but no engineer so i contact BT and i'm told my service is already switched on! well what about the engineer visit to sort the mess up with the lines? what engineer? so i go threw the whole process of explaining it all again! eventually i'm told that the engineers canceld the visit them selves because they was able to switch it on at the box down the road, and clearly had no sense to check the notes that should of told them it wasn't a standard switch on! OK so couple of days go by and i start to realise that somethings terribly wrong! it turns out that now.. my BT line  and broadban is not BT at all it's Talk Talk! so i get my parents to check theres and guess what? they have BT phone and broadband running threw there part of the house and I'm getting the Talk Talk in my room! after days of phone calls and endless explanations to indian call centers were the indian employee may speak english (to a degree) but has NO understanding of the language or the English in general what took me 3 HOURS yesterday & 6 DIFFRENT DEPARTMENTS in India and the last indian rep trying to CHATGE ME for an engineer visit with out even knowing what the problem was i was trying to explain to him I finaly got through to an english rep & OMG it took him less than 3 minutes to understand the entire problem as i explained it to him and he was able to finally give me some kind of solutiuon! Unfourtunaly that solution required me to call back this morning on 150 & guess what it took me an HOUR of trying and hanging up after being constantly asked to repeat my self or having the rep completly ignore my question or response because he/she couldn't understand me! I finally kept trying and evetually was lucky enough to get through to an english rep and OMG he understood me perfectly in less than 2 minutes this time checked the exstensive notes on the suystem that the indian reps wouldn't do as there written understanding of the language may well be as bad as there verbal! This is by far the worse experiance I've ever had with buying broadband or phone service! and lets not forget to mention that I took this out around 17th of may and had to wait untill the 9th of June to get installed as it was a new line (due to needing to keep the original talk talk line  service) it was canceld a week after installation becasue of the mess i had to wait untill the 13th of july for the new service 16th of July there canceling the second servic as there's a screw up with crossedline! now i have to take out a 3rd contact will most likel;y have to pay for a 3rd BT hub I've still yet to see any kind of compensation or even a written apology! And while writting this I have just recieved a call form an indian rep from BT asking me " I would ike to be knowing what services you would be liking please" er sorry what? " I would ike to be knowing what services you would be liking please" erm who are you? why are you calling ? who told you to call me? " I would ike to be knowing what services you would be liking please" sorry i don't know what you mean, whay are you calling me? " err I don't know.. I would ike to be knowing what services you would be liking please" seriously!! you are calling me and you don't know why??? OMG really! as far as i was told this morning by the uk rep it's being re sorted i will be getting a casll back from a uk rep to sort out a new service once they have managed to do a line take over! I expect to be given some kind of great deal (which i was promised would happen byu 2 seperat reps i've spoken to) and i get a call by an indian call center rp (i'm assuming to set up my new order) and she has no idea A) why she's calling me B) what's been happening & C) will 0 authoraty or inclination to offer me any kind of "Great Package" or discount or an apology!

I apologise if some of the spelling bad but i don't have the patients left to check it!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: wireing out side property left all out side of box by engineer & crossed lines with talk tal

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: wireing out side property left all out side of box by engineer & crossed lines with talk tal

Hi esxboi,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry about all these problems.  Your post doesn't make great reading and the engineer should have done a better job than that.

Send over your details and we'll help you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings