cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 28

Re: worst customer service experience in 30 years

The problem is he is ranting as though he is actually talking to BT. This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Posts do not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who have already offered to help him prior to his last post.

0 Ratings
cotonreel
Contributor
Message 12 of 28

I realise this is cusomer to customer , and i can see that a moderator from BT is assisting but, i think its important that prospective customers can look at these forums and make up their own minds about the service thay may receive from BT. Do you think it should be hidden away? Just read through all of the topics , its dreadful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 28

No I don't think it should be hidden away I just don't see the point in going on about it after the initial post and in particular after he/she has been offered assistance which by doing so it does just become a rant.

You should also keep in mind that people, yourself included, only come onto this forum to complain about the service and seldom if ever come on to praise the service so it is not necessarily a fair reflection given that BT has in excess of six million customers.

0 Ratings
cotonreel
Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Presumably you have never had any problems with BT. I have just had 5 days of it (non activation of SIM). Its so frustrating that it makes you want to rant and let everyone know. I dont think i have ever experienced such poor customers service. Mods seem to pick and choose who they assist and what assistance they give .In my case they recommended i contact the mobile chat who would assist , i contacted them but they couldnt help. I never received any further assistance from the Mod despite requesting it. So although i accept BT has millions of happy customers (how did i guess you would mention that!) they should take care to look after the ones who are not so happy. Its a very competitive market out there.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 28

I think being offered mod help to resolve the problem within 20 minutes of posting is pretty good service.

0 Ratings
cotonreel
Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Only if it resolves the problem
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 28

You are ranting now and making presumptions about things you have no knowledge of so there is really no point in carrying on with this.

Highlighted
daleferguson
Beginner
Message 18 of 28

With all due respect it is not ranting.It is voicing my displeasure at the service I have received and the complete lack of communication from BT.I have been in a customer focused role for 30 years and would not dream of treating customers with total disrespect.All the management should have to experience the indian call centre fiascoThen perhaps they would see customer service is all about breaking barriers down .Not putting barriers up and expecting you to jump through flames.I understand that things will not always go smoothly but 7 weeks is a long time with no resolution.All I want is to be told what exactly the problem is and when it will be resolved.I do not think that is expecting too much.

Unfortunately the whole structure of BT appears to be flawed.There is no point of contact to complain.When you do get through you are then put through to another dept and then more than often get cut off.

Then you pay lip service to customer service by asking if I want to take part in a survey.

I would ask management to get off their backsides,speak to customers yourself and then maybe perhaps you would be able to empathise.

daleferguson
Beginner
Message 19 of 28

Liquorice.Who are you to tell me what to do.Mind your own business.

0 Ratings
daleferguson
Beginner
Message 20 of 28

You say it is good to get mod help.But I have not had any help so far.So do you think that is good service.No it isnt all I want is some communication.Unfortunately there is no one that you can speak to to resolve the issue.I am sorry if you feel it is ranting but when there is no other option I turned to this to try and get some answers so I do apologise I didnt realise this was customer to customer,but I was simply trying to get the problem sorted but i now have to wait a further week without anything happening and being told nothing.So if you think I am out of line then I am truly sorry.

0 Ratings