cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helendi15
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

xbox one

hi ive had bt on now for 3 weeks my free gift was the xbox one digital which i was supposed to get a code 2 weeks after my live date yet heard nothing.Has any one got theres yet 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: xbox one

@helendi15 

Its actually 30 days after activation, not 14 days.

What date did  you place your online order, and what date was your service activated?

https://shop.bt.com/other-pages/bt-customer-offers/bt-broadband-november-2019-offer/

0 Ratings
helendi15
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

hi i got bt on the 15th november .Got but told by bt on chat it was 14 days But just got told im not eligible for xbox one even though someone on chat said i am eligible need to sort themselves  out been on for an hour today one very disappointed boy .

0 Ratings
helendi15
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

hi i got bt on the 15th november .But got told by bt on chat it was 14 days But just got told im not eligible for xbox one even though someone on chat said i am eligible need to sort themselves  out been on for an hour today one very disappointed boy .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

@helendi15 

If an adviser has made an error and promised you a free gift or rewards card BT normally honour the offer.

Strictly speaking, you have been mis-sold and if BT is not going to honour the offer then they should be offering to let you cancel without charge. Did they make you any kind of offer as a resolution? 

Have you asked for the chat to be reviewed?

SP

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

@helendi15 

Did you place the order online, as only online orders qualify.

If you placed the order over the phone, and you had verbal confirmation of the gift (All calls are recorded), then a note should be added to your account, confirming eligibility.

You should receive your code by the 15th December, if your service was active on the 15th November.

0 Ratings
helendi15
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

hi yeah offered me £100 putting it in my bank account by direct debit not sure how long that will take.but i have to put rest to a xbox one digital because i don't want to upset my son.

im annoyed that they never told me from the beginning.

0 Ratings
helendi15
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

no did online it showed up at end that im eligible for a xbox one or tv now not getting one.very disappointing 4 times i went on chat to speak to an advisor each time they said im eligible for one .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

@helendi15 

The offer of money into your account, is not likely, as its not the sort of thing that BT do, as there is no cash alternative for gift offers.

"Your Voucher will only work on one of the products shown on this page [LG 43" UM7100 4K TV - Quicklinx: FGW5 | Mfr#: 43UM7100PLB / Xbox One S All Digital Edition - Quicklinx: F66N | Mfr#: NJP-00030 BT1-NOV]. No cash alternative and no other items or products on BT Shop are eligible. Once you have placed your order, you won’t be able to change your mind or select a different gift. Voucher valid until 14th Feb 2020."

I hope you did not give them any account details, as it may be a scam, BT would never ask for that information.

Please wait until 30 days have elapsed, and if you have not received an email with the voucher code by then, please post back here, and a moderator can be asked to investigate.

0 Ratings
helendi15
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

hi i was on live chat with supervisor i think they wanted me to set up a direct debit sent me a link 

0 Ratings