cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

you view box

Have bought a new tv with YOUVIEW app built in so do not really need the box now, can I cancel the tv from my package without any penalties does anyone know?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: you view box

How long have you had the BT YouView box?

If you have not completed the initial 12 month contract, then if you cancel, BT will charge you for the YouView box.

After 12 months, you can do what you like, as the box is yours.

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith have had the tv package for over two years and have renewed the package about 4 months ago.

However the issue is that the box is no longer working have contacted YOU VIEW direct who have gone through the issues wiht me and have said to tell BT that "your box is stuck on the start up loop and that you have attempted the maintenance mode reset but it has failed.Advise that you have spoken to ourselves over chat and that we have referred you to them.

as we have the youview app we can watch okay but wondering now whether to request a new box or what to do as you cannot record without the box?

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

contacted chat and they will not send out a new box, has to send out an engineer, is that normal procedure?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@polish wrote:

contacted chat and they will not send out a new box, has to send out an engineer, is that normal procedure?

Yes, that is normal. They should bring a new replacement if they cannot fix it. It will be someone you just deals with BT Vision issues.

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Keith.  My contract for the tv runs out in November so if I do not renew it then will I be charged anything?

0 Ratings