cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

ADDING ANOTHER DEVICE FOR BT VIRUS PROTECT

Go to solution

Currently have BT Virus and Net protect on main PC. I wish to add my laptop. Will I need to create a 2nd e-mail address for the laptop or can I use that which is linked to my main PC?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: ADDING ANOTHER DEVICE FOR BT VIRUS PROTECT

Go to solution

Hi @BRIC Thanks for posting, you don't need to use a different email address, you just need to be able to access it from your laptop.

Simply follow the steps below:

1. Open up your desktop app and make sure you’re on the Home screen
  2. Click Protect more
  3. Enter the email address you want to send the download link to. This just needs to be an email address you can access to install the software
  4. Open the email on the computer you want to install the software on and follow the installation steps

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
When accessing links in e mails I get message "Your clock is ahead. A private connection to ... [name of website eg British Gas] can't be established because your computer's time is incorrect" Trying to amend clock does not cure problem. Is this a virus - in which case I assume I should not go near my laptop.
If it is a virus would I be able to overcome this by creating new email address
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @BRIC that doesn't sound like a virus, it could be an issue with your web browser or the CMOS battery in your laptop.  If you google 'Your clock is ahead. A private connection to' you'll find helpful guides on that error message. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Have tried suggestions in the Google link to no avail - any other suggestions?
0 Ratings