cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnaud
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Access control disabling itself on the hub manager

Although I enabled the parental control in my BT account, when I enable the access control on the hub 5 manager control page (192.168.1.254), this feature disables itself without any reason just after navigating around a few other pages. This is anoying because it means that I cannot block some devices during some period of times. For instance, my children end up having permanent internet access...
Any reason for this issue ?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Access control disabling itself on the hub manager

The access control on the home hub only prevents new connections during the blocked time. Existing connections are not disconnected.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Apps-and-Extras-from-BT/Parent-Control-Does-It-Terminate-Active-Connecti...

0 Ratings
arnaud
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

At one point, existing connections do disconnect: for instance when a smartphone leaves the home. Then, when coming back home, this smartphone should not be able to connect during blocked time, which it does like. As said, the complete blocking features disables itself entirely, letting everybody connect as if there was no blocking feature at all.
0 Ratings
arnaud
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Well, if there is no known reason for this issue, it would be good to acknowledge it and may be search for the technical solution ? Is it too much asking ?
0 Ratings