Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 50

Re: Access control through my bt app

Go to solution

You cannot access the controls other than via your hub's wifi, it is not possible to access it via mobile service. If you have turned off access for the device you are using to control it, you have cut yourself off. Either use another device or factory reset the hub to restore connectivity.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 50

Go to solution

@mm0wkj wrote:

No.  Internet is pasued. how do you connect to enable it again?  I can see the router, and teh page but the setting cant be changed unless you use the app.  Through an internet connection (which I can access as its paused) and have no mobile service.

See message 25 and 26

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 50

Go to solution

Hi Everyone

I am totally frustrated by the transferring of the Access Control to the BT App.  I have two disabled children (young adults 19 and 21) who cannot tell the time well or feel the passage of time so for years I have used the 192. access control page to just turn the hub off at midnight and it goes on at 3:00am when I start work as I work from home as a secretary.  When it goes off my children know they need to go to sleep.  My son's computer is on the ethernet so is not included in the App as that is only for Wifi which is a nightmare.  Whoever thought of this has really messed a simple and good system right up and caused so much trouble.  I have bought a timer plug to see if that would do the job for the internet but my daughter just told me it didn't work.  I wish they would just reopen the webpage for Access Control again and then the customer has the choice as to which system they would like to use.  Why take away the web page?  If anybody knows a really good way of just shutting off the internet I would be really grateful to hear of your ideas.

Thanks so much.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 50

Go to solution

First of all the control is totally misnamed, it also controls Ethernet access as well as wifi!!

Secondly, if you want better controls, simply get a decent third party router (yes, I know you shouldn't have to).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 50

Go to solution

This has affected me as well. I have spent the time to setup multiple devices access control times on my network and now that's all disappeared without any consultation or any warning from BT. 

This has caused a real problem now as I cannot find the devices I need to be able to limit within the app. The devices show within the router (wired PC devices) but not in the app.

It is totally unacceptable for BT to make these changes to a working system and port them over to a system which is not fit for purpose. Furthermore, doing it without any appropriate training, warning, communication or even ensuring that it works properly for its customers is infuriating and very concerning.

Bring back the access control management via router which worked fine.... please BT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 50

Go to solution

I suspect that you will have to  reset the home hub to factory default, and start again via the app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 50

Go to solution
Well that's a load of work and a waste of my time which I am not at all happy with doing. I've contacted BT for a response and resolution for this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 38 of 50

Go to solution

@Sambobwrote:

This has affected me as well. I have spent the time to setup multiple devices access control times on my network and now that's all disappeared without any consultation or any warning from BT. 

This has caused a real problem now as I cannot find the devices I need to be able to limit within the app. The devices show within the router (wired PC devices) but not in the app.

It is totally unacceptable for BT to make these changes to a working system and port them over to a system which is not fit for purpose. Furthermore, doing it without any appropriate training, warning, communication or even ensuring that it works properly for its customers is infuriating and very concerning.

Bring back the access control management via router which worked fine.... please BT!

This requires a bit of work but what you can is go into te homehub and name every device you find there. Some devices you'll be able to figure out quite quickly while others you might have to turn on and off to find out which is which. The names you save in the homehub  follow through on the  app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 50

Go to solution

The devices and their name appear no problem within the routers management. I used this previously to manage access control.

The problem is that only some of the devices show in the BT app, not all of them.

furthermore, I do not want to have to rely on an app on my phone to manage this. Not only is it an extra inconvenience but it doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 40 of 50

Go to solution

Hi @Sambob, I'm sorry you're not happy with the recent change to how you manage your Access controls. Managing these from a secure app has removed the possibility of the controls being disabled by factory resetting the Hub and all the previous features have been retained within the app. 

Are all the devices that you're trying to manage switched on and connected to the hub?

0 Ratings