Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 50

Re: Access control through my bt app

Go to solution

Surely that does not prevent a physical factory reset by pressing the recessed button, and removing any restrictions?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 42 of 50

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Surely that does not prevent a physical factory reset by pressing the recessed button, and removing any restrictions?

If you want to be really akward about it and then you can always use superglue to plug that hole. But either way those who reset would alert people who put the lock on that they have been messing around with the actual router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 43 of 50

Go to solution

@NeilO  can see them now after turning them off and on again.

However, this is still an issue. I lost all my access controls settings without notification. I understand that BT have responded to some customers in that the access controls were able to be reset by minors with physical access to the router, but this is not the case for all customers, including myself. In my case this has actually caused me grief by removing my access control settings altogether! It wouldn't have been so bad if BT would have emailed me prior, explaining the upcoming changes so that I could plan for it. Rolling this out without any consultation or notification is completely unacceptable and I would like this escalating to the highest degree. The people responsible for this change within BT should not be allowed to make these calls as it is clear that they have not considered a large base of customers who probably like me, are oblivious to this change. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 50

Go to solution

If you want to make a complaint the forum is not the conduit to do that. You will need to contact BT directly.

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/complaints/queue_id/478

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 45 of 50

Go to solution

@gg30340  well it's quite interesting and ironic that you should say that.

Last time I raised a complaint with regards to an issue with my internet service through the "correct conduit" I got absolutely nowhere. This was a separate issue to this one, but I have to tell you that I was passed from pillar to post, with the agents on the phone completely clueless as to what my issue even was.

I had hours of my time wasted, had the phone put down on me in India for no good reason (probably because there scriptings did not have the answer) and I even had one member of staff open a complaint, tell me there was nothing they could do, and then tell me they were immediately closing it!  It was only upon searching online did I find these BT forums, stumbling upon a thread 700+ pages long with people suffering from the same issue.

Through this channel I was able to get in touch with a mod who has now actually assisted me in getting closer to resolution!

I have now raised a complaint in reference to this new issue, but I really do not expect much from BT these days if I'm honest. In my view, a large branch of BT have slipped from being a good ISP to a mediocre one. Whoever they have in their leadership team making certain calls without any consultation or communication with their customers needs sacking if they want to save their reputation and their customers because this is just pushing me one step closer to finding a different ISP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 50

Go to solution

Moderators are not usually the first port of call for a complaint. They usually only become involved when normal channels have been tried and have not worked which would appear to have been the case when they became involved in your previous complaint. 

While you may get an answer regarding your issue about customers not being informed about the changes, I would not have high expectations that BT will undo the changes that they have made.

I do not use access controls so I am not posting this with a view one way or the other but while you and others may not like them, I can see that the previous method which could be undone by a reset of the hub was in fairness not the most secure.

In any event please keep the thread updated with the outcome of your complaint. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 50

Go to solution

Same issue here. I've complained but BT seem to have closed complaint without resolution. 

If not sorted by end of the week I'm off elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 50

Go to solution

In all fairness, now that I have finally got it working and figured out how it works, the My BT app does the same thing as the router. It has been poorly designed though as it's labelled wifi but it does cater for wired devices. I do feel that BT should have given us an option to either use the router, the app, or both... a switch on their end that we opt in or out of, perhaps.

The main issue here is the complete absence of communication from BT with this and the hassle it has caused. I am for sure not the only customer affected by this and there will be other people right now who's access control settings have vanished without their knowledge.

This has to be some sort of an infringement of our statutory rights and if I were so inclined and had more time I would look at a legal route. At present I just want to see what BT have to say about it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 50

Go to solution

You may find that they are covered under the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to when you signed up to BT Broadband

See section 18 and section 23 (e)

https://www.bt.com/terms/post11thjan2019voiceandbroadband

Highlighted
Message 50 of 50

Go to solution

You can use the android app on your Windows PC via an Android emulator such as https://www.bluestacks.com/

This works fine for me. Not an ideal solution I know - they should reinstate the controls on the hub management pages. 

0 Ratings