cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 36

Activating BT Cloud

Go to solution

As a new BT customer, I tried to "Activate" BT Cloud on my account a couple of days ago. When I pressed the Activate button, after a few minutes the screen displayed a message saying this would take some time and to try later.

The "Activate" button on my Product management page is still live but if I try to activate again, the page throws me back to the main "MyBT" account page immediately.

The Windows Desktop client shows me this error when I try to login;-

"We've encountered an error. (Error Code: 1008)"

The Cloud Web page states I am ineligible and shows error code "UN2" when I try to login.

The iOS app shows an error when I try to login;  "We're having trouble connecting to BT Cloud" with the option to "Try again" which takes me back to the "get started" page.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can reset or start again as the Cloud function has clearly failed to activate on my account?

Thanks

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36

Re: Activating BT Cloud

Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue. Joined BT last Friday. I received an identical message to try later when I first tried to activate BT Cloud. After that every attempt to activate sees me return to the 'My BT' page with the same error code. I'm using Mac OS so it's clearly not an OS issue and having tried on three browsers it's nothing to do with that either. It's actually a relief to see someone else in same circumstances with same problem as at least now I know it's not me doing something wrong.

I contacted LiveChat and was told it was beyond them and I had to phone BT. When I rang I was told it was beyond them and needed to be passed on to the BT Cloud team who would contact me later that day. 24 hours on and I've heard nothing.

I've registered here in the hope that maybe others have experienced this in the past and may be able to offer advice on how to rectify it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 36

Go to solution

Hi,

Good to know there at least two of us struggling 😡

Any chance of a BT employee responding? I’m not holding my breath!

Message 4 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @scotleag and @mhoam, sorry that you are unable to get the Cloud activated. I've sent you both a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll get the Cloud team to get this fixed for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 36

Go to solution

Thank you John. Have read PM and responded.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @mhoam,

Thank you for sending in your details and for taking my calls today. I'm sorry if you had difficulties activating Parental Controls. I've run a few checks at my end and it looks like the activation request was stuck "pending". We've activated it at our end. 

I've also raised a case with the Cloud team to have this checked. If you could please try logging into your BT Cloud over the weekend and let me know if the issue has been resolved?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 36

Go to solution
yes, just to be clear, it is BT Cloud, NOT Parental Controls I am trying to activate. I guess that is a typo?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @mhoam,

Oops, yes that was a typo, my apologies.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @scotleag,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've reported this to my colleagues in the Cloud team and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 36

Go to solution
Thanks Paddy
0 Ratings