cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: Activating BT Cloud

Go to solution

Hi @mhoam and @scotleag,

We've made a few changes which should have fixed things. Please can you try signing into the BT Cloud using the link https://btcloud.bt.com/ 

Please can you give that a try and post back and let me know if that's been successful?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution
Paddy,
Sorry, still not working☹️
The iOS app says “Having trouble connecting to BT Cloud”, the Retry option just throws me back to the Start page.
I can’t try the web page as that link forces me to use the app on both my iPhone and iPad, also tried to type the URL directly but it detects mobile and forces me into the app!
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @scotleag

just a thought, have you just migrated from PlusNet, like me?

As PN are a division of BT, this could have messed up the Cloud Activation, possibly 😄

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution
Afraid not. This is the message I received. I have done everything suggested but the response is still the same

This site can’t be reached
home.bt.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
Check your internet connection.
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Opera to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server…
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution
No I haven't come across from PlusNet
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution
I tried on another browser and still can't access but with a different message.

It doesn't look like you're eligible for BT Cloud on this BT ID. Please check you're logging in using the primary BT ID for your BT broadband account If you need further assistance, please contact us at bt.com/help/contact Error code UN2

Needless to say I am using the primary - and only - BT user ID
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution
And a similar message to that last one on a third browser.

I should add that while error code UN2 appears on the page, the address bar contains the original error code 1008

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/public#/error?errorCode=1008
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution
Now here's a funny thing. Instead of going by the link I logged in to my account and this time the status read 'manage cloud' rather than 'activate.' That's the good news. The bad is that when I tried to I got a 'something has gone wrong' message.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @scotleag 

Yes, that is exactly where I have reached☹️

I’m struggling to understand why we appear to be the only two customers affected. Unless, of course, all new BT customers n not Activate the Cloud but don’t care!

Hopefully it will get resolved early next week

cheers

Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @mhoam & @scotleag,

Thanks for getting back to us.

@PaddyB will be in the office later this afternoon. I will speak with him about this. To give you both an idea of what's happening, your BT Cloud service was stuck in a pending state which basically meant that it didn't fully activate. We were able to update that part ourselves which is why you can now both see the manage area. However, our developers must not have received the instruction to activate your BT Cloud service at their end. We will contact them to see if they can update their end for us. With it being the weekend, it can take them a few working days to come back to us. We will update you both individually as they get back to us.

Thanks
DanielS