cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: Activating BT Cloud

Go to solution
Hi,
I thought I’d wait until this morning before trying again. It’s actually getting worse. First time I tried to log in to BT Cloud from my homepage I got the ‘something went wrong’ message ‘to continue, close this window and return to BT Cloud.’

I then tried the desktop app and this time the message was ‘Sorry, there’s been an error while fetching your cloud details.’

I closed my browser, opened again and tried again and I got the ‘It doesn’t look like you’re eligible for BT Cloud on this BT ID – my ONLY BT ID.

I tried the desktop client again, this time from the web page rather than the desktop and I was sent to the download page. I’m no expert but I’m not daft. I definitely clicked on ‘desktop client’ not ‘download.’ I didn’t proceed with the download as I’ve already done that twice to no avail.

Worse, it took me four minutes to go from log-in to cloud via ‘Your Products’ & ‘Manage Broadband’ so I ran a speed check. This assured me I was getting 73.8Mbps though it certainly didn’t seem like it.

So I decided to come back here to the community. This time it took me six minutes to get here – after for some reason being redirected to BT business!

So, four minutes to get to the (still not functioning) BT cloud page then six minutes to get to here on an allegedly fast connection. And with two redirects en route.

It’s eleven days now since I first attempted to get Cloud access. I would have thought any ‘teething troubles’ with new accounts would have been sorted by now.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution
Then when I click 'go to post' to make sure my message has been posted ok I get taken to the first page of this thread. When I click to go to this page it takes me there but I also get a message saying 'sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.'

This is driving me nuts now
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @scotleag 

I tried again this morning and my BT Cloud is still NOT working.

However I'm not seeing the performance problems that you have encountered.

Lets hope they can get it sorted soon as we can't be the only two new BT customers with this pproblem!

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

I have the same problem. While I am not a new BT customer I have only just taken notice of the fact that we have free cloud storage. I downloaded the app but then found that you need to activate the cloud first in BT account. I have found this in my products but each time I click activate the screen just continually takes me back to the beginning. I phoned BT last Friday and had a shocking experience of continually being passed to the wrong department and having to wait in the queue each time. I was on the phone about an hour and a quarter. I eventually got a correct person who said she would pass it on to the cloud technical department who would be in touch with 72 hours. She also logged a complaint about my call experience (which I did not ask for) and because BT did try and phone me while I was busy at work so could not answer they have now emailed to say they have closed my complaint because they could not reach me. I'm not sure if they have closed the cloud issue or just the complaint but I still cannot activate the cloud in my account. 

Is there any way I can ring the correct department direct?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution
No indeed and as @Lorna25 points out not just new customers either
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @Lorna25 

Interesting to know that it is not just new BT customers but any customer trying to Activate the BT Cloud function.

Sadly I avoid using the Support phone number. Like most big utilities, BT are unable, or unwilling, to properly resource their "Support" phone lines resulting in your experience. To give them their due, the Mods on this board ( @PaddyB and @JohnC2 ) responded promptly and positively. Unfortunately, it seems they are not able to prioritise customer issues within 2nd and 3rd level support within the BT organisation.

I do wonder how many unnecessary calls to the Support line are being generated by this on-going issue 😞

I will keep trying each day and post an update if I see any progress.

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution
Same again today for me I'm afraid

"Sorry, there's been a error while fetching your cloud details."
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

Also having the exact same same problem, was pushed pillar to post trying to fix the issue

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks @mikecky for adding your complaint to this thread.

Think it is time we had an update from BT, any info @PaddyB @DanielS ?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @mhoam and @scotleag,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this fixed. I'm chasing an update with the Cloud team and I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Please accept my apology for the delay in getting this fixed.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings