cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Android One UI Core 3.1. and new Norton antivirus

Go to solution

Does Norton work with the Android One Core 3.1. or should I get an Android 10 or 11 phone as I am looking to change?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Android One UI Core 3.1. and new Norton antivirus

Go to solution

Hi @brewup51, welcome to the forum, and thanks for your post.

The device would need to be running Android 8.0 or later for Norton.

Have a look at This Page for further information on the change to Norton and the specs required.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I'm a bit of a technophobe, so don't know if the Samsung A12 with the "One UI Core 3.1. operating system is Android 8 or later.  I don't want to buy a new phone with the wrong operating system and then find that it won't work with Norton as I will be back where I already am with Android 6 on My Samsung S5 neo.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

It seems that Android One UI Core 3.1 is a "skin" for Android 9, so it should work with Norton as Norton works with Android 8 and above.  Doesn't it???

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @brewup51, if it is Android 9 then that will work ok with Norton. 

Best double check your device first, and you can find out your current Android operating system version:

• From the Home screen, tap the Settings icon to go to the settings.

• Tap About Phone or About Device.

• Under Android Version, you can find the version of Android that runs on your device.

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks John but I haven't bought the phone yet! I wanted to check that it would work with Norton first. It's the Samsung A12 and BT are actually selling them at the moment. As Norton won't work with my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 neo with Android 6.1) I thought that I would have a bit of an upgrade but don't want to spend too much on an all singing, all dancing one as I wouldn't use most of the features! Cheers. M
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

if you are purchasing a new A12 then that should come with android 11 and is scheduled to get android 12 in next few months.  android 12 is most up to date firmware

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

That's brilliant. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated. M

0 Ratings