cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HiArt
Message 1 of 5

Another "BT Cloud cannot connect to Internet"

Go to solution

For the first time in ages, I turned my computer off overnight. Now BT Cloud has a "server error" and pops up a message saying that it can't connect to the internet. The app didn't ask me to login, "show dashboard" is greyed out, I can login to my account on https://btcloud.bt.com/ just fine, and can see my files there.

Sorry to create a new post about this issue, looking back over previous posts it appears that I need to do this to get the error addressed; there do not appear to be generic troubleshooting procedures for me to try.

**Update**

Logged in OK on my laptop, this issue is only on my desktop: Windows10 PC.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Another "BT Cloud cannot connect to Internet"

Go to solution

Hi @HiArt (and any other forum users with the same problem),

Sorry you've run into this problem! It looks like something went wrong for a handful of users who saw the 'upgrade is available' notification on Wednesday but who didn't install it until after we'd removed the notification.

You can fix the problem by following these steps:

1. Quit BT Cloud
  2. Uninstall BT Cloud completely
  3. Reinstall BT Cloud. You can get our latest version from this direct download link.

Sorry once again for the inconvenience, and hope you have a good weekend!

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
HiArt
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you, back up and running.

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Great news, thanks for confirming. Our engineers got to the bottom of the problem last night, and have rolled out a fix at our end. This means that anyone who was having the same problem will no longer need to uninstall and reinstall - it should just start working again.
BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
NigelB143
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Another "BT Cloud cannot connect to Internet"

Go to solution

Hello, BT Cloud is fine on my Desktop with Win10. Installing on my Win10 laptop with "17.1.5.21_Production(2).exe" gives the dreaded "BT Cloud - No internet connection". I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times. Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings