Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenbyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 53

Anyone 500GB cloud upgrade yet?

Go to solution

Just out of interest, has anyone on unlimited Infinity 2 had their free increase to 500GB cloud storage yet?

Just been on online chat as I haven't had mine and the cs reps seemed to know nothing about it despite it being on their website and me receiving an email saying it would happen on 3rd July!

I spend 37mins on the chat to them, was then phoned by the 'Cloud Team', they put me on hold and then cut me off!!

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
AlanClutt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 53

BT Cloud 500GB ?

Go to solution

BT announced that on the 3rd of July the BT infinity 1 customers would be upgraded to 100GB BT Cloud capacity and the

BT infinity 2 customers to 500GB.

From this page - http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/how-to-get-free-storage-space-with-bt-cloud-11363983784120

It reads "From July 3 BT Customers with customers with Unlimited Infinity 2 will get their storage limit increased to a massive 500GB. Customers with Unlimited Copper or Unlimited Infinity 1 will have their included storage increased to 100GB"

My friend and I both upgraded to BT infinity 2, my capacity changed to 100GB whereas his changed to 500GB.

I just got off the phone to BT, the girl sounded very confused about this and after putting me back on hold for a very long time

she informed me that this change may take upto a week to happen.

I don't really believe what this girl has told me and i'm of the opinion that she didn't know how to fix this and this is her way out of the call.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Was she lying to me ?

Should I really have to wait a week while someone changes a field in a database from 100GB to 500GB ?

0 Ratings
tenbyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 53

Re: BT Cloud 500GB ?

Go to solution

Mine has yet to change from 50GB to 500GB either. Nobody I know has had the upgrade yet.

0 Ratings
martdy
Contributor
Message 4 of 53

Re: Anyone 500GB cloud upgrade yet?

Go to solution

Had mine early ,but I put that down to recontracting my infinity 2 to get a "free" Smart Hub

0 Ratings
tenbyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 53

Go to solution

I did that too last week but not had mine 😞 Have only used it a bit so far as 50GB wasn't really that usable for me. However, 500GB is another thing! I'll just have to hope it happens soon. Can't bear to spend more time on phone to them!!

0 Ratings
tenbyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 53

Go to solution

Well I'm not impressed so far with BT CS team. I've now spent nearly 3 hrs on the phone waiting to speak to a member of the 'cloud team' after being rung and put through 3 times from online chat.

Each time, I have waited nearly an hour in a queue, before get cut off, having never spoken to anybody! This is simply not good enough. Why can't the 'cloud team' have an online chat presence like the other depatrments seem to?

I have now filled raised a complaint and if this issue isn't sorted out very soon, I'll be leaving. Between this and connection issues, I've never had to phone customer services so many times with any other ISP I've been with.

0 Ratings
AlanClutt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 53

Go to solution

When I rang BT it was on the 3rd July, they told me the Cloud Team wasn't in on Sundays.

They gave me a number to phone on Monday, I think it's this one 0800 500 3114.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
tenbyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 53

Go to solution
Thanks Alan I'll give that a go later. Let you know how I get on.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 53

Go to solution
mine upgraded automatically without recontracting
0 Ratings
tenbyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 53

Go to solution

That's the way it's meant to happen John but unfortunately, mine didn't. Had BT on phone about 9pm last night and for some reason, they though my issue was with my fibre. When i told her that the issue was with Cloud Storage, she didn't have a clue and said she'd need to speak to that dept. and will ring me back on Friday.

I'm not holding my breath 😉

0 Ratings