cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Anyone using BT Cloud and a Synology Diskstation ?

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone here has a Synology Diskstation and if so, if you are sync'ing it up to your BT Cloud ?

Thanks,

Roy

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
SnowyJoey
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: Anyone using BT Cloud and a Synology Diskstation ?

Hi

Did you ever find out how to do this - I'm in the same boat.

Thanks,

~Joe

0 Ratings
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi Joe,

No, I couldn't find a supported client type.

At present I've resorted to sync'ing the NAS with my PC and my PC with BT Cloud.

Not ideal, but working.

Let me know if you find a solution !

Thanks,
Roy
0 Ratings
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi

Another post confirms that BT cloud can only access internal disks on the host PC

0 Ratings
HairyHippy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

+1 for this.  I would like to see them add this as a client to Synology.  I am going to send both parties an email.  I should be one of the cloud providers in the cloud sync of Synology.

0 Ratings
HairyHippy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

OK apparently you should be able to use WebDAV.  The server address is https://webdav.bt.com:5050 or https://webdav.bt.com:5005 and your user name and password are your usual BT credentials.

If only type https://webdav.bt.com you get authentication fails.

If you use the ones with a port number, I currently get "Unknown error occurs.  Please try again later".  I was told by BT Chat person that the server is currenly down and try again in 24-48 hours!!! Hmm we will see...

0 Ratings
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Hi HairyHippy,

Those addresses aren't resolvable 😞 

I've tried using the webDAV client with my normal cloud credentials targeting the normal cloud URL no no avail, I've also tried ports 5005 and 5050 but still not luck.

Thanks for your reply though 🙂

0 Ratings
chsims1
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I'd really like to get this going too, but as pointed out above, the address webdav.bt.com is not resolved.  Is this a temporary issue, or are we likely to be able to access the address some time soon?

0 Ratings
chsims1
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Any more news about webdav.bt.com (currently no DNS resolution)?  I'd really like to get my Synology NAS to be able to use BT Cloud, but I'm not prepared to go down the route of using my PC as a third-party.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I've not found any reference to BT Cloud using webdav, if you search the cloud help it says ...

"Can I use BT Cloud to back up an external hard drive or networked storage device?

Backing up of external hard drives or other external storage devices is not currently supported as part of the BT Cloud service."

So I think, for the short term, we're stuck with an interim PC device. It won't suit everyone, but for some (well, me) it's better than nothing.

0 Ratings