Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoswald
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Access Control

Go to solution

I have my kids devices turn off at 2030 every day.  However tonight I noticed that my son was able to carry on playing minecraft online - how is this possible and is there a way I can ensure he gets some eye rest from Minecraft?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Access Control

Go to solution

As far as I am aware access control does not "put off" any devices that are already connected at the curfew time. It only prevents devices connecting after that time. You will need to make sure that your children have switched off their devices at curfew time.

RS71
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Access Control is poor in BT Broadband.

It can be bypassed, although a master password to the settings can be set by yourself, the child if intelligent will look to override your master password with the admin password included with the router. (I am basing this on the Home Hub 3)

It's security settings are poor, personally it's like making sure the windows are closed, locking the door, double checking you locked it and then giving your key to a stranger !!

0 Ratings
arryzz
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

yes same problem it seems pretty useless Smiley Mad

Spoiler

0 Ratings
Ol
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@stoswaldwrote:

I have my kids devices turn off at 2030 every day.  However tonight I noticed that my son was able to carry on playing minecraft online - how is this possible and is there a way I can ensure he gets some eye rest from Minecraft?

Right now, BT access control can be bypassed really easy, no software, takes less than a minute, no access to the internet needed and you don't need to be at the router to do so! Here's how:

Spoiler
Nice try, but it is a flaw but I'm not going to show it here because some children may try to use it to bypass the Access Control system.
0 Ratings