cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
73henny
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Access control - am I missing something?

Hi all,

After both my kids got new mobile phones for xmas I've set their access times so they're not on the **bleep** things all night. However we have BT mobile sim cards which come with BT WiFi access. So unless I'm mistaken, when the access control time activates (say 10pm), the phone just switches across from our HH5 to BT WiFi!!. Surely BT have thought of that? Whats the point in having access control for your router if it still allows access to the BT WiFi network? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Access control - am I missing something?

They will not be able to connect to BT Wifi unless you have given them your BT ID and password, which would be very unwise, or if you have installed the BT Wifi app and entered the same ID and password into it.

0 Ratings
73henny
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Keith. Can't help but think it's something of an oversight by BT though. The BT mobiles come with BT wifi access included. So it's disappointing that to utilise the access control on my hub you have to forfeit BT wifi.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@73henny wrote:
Thanks Keith. Can't help but think it's something of an oversight by BT though. The BT mobiles come with BT wifi access included. So it's disappointing that to utilise the access control on my hub you have to forfeit BT wifi.

Provided you have not given the login detail to BT Wifi, the other people in the house cannot use it anyway, unless they pay, like non-BT customers do.

Unless of course they have their own BT Wifi login as part of the mobile deal?

0 Ratings