cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Anti Virus Cost Verification

Please could someone from BT clarify the conflicting information on the website regarding the anti-virus package.

The article here http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones-tablets/bt-virus-protect-android-app-11364114731889

implies that I can install the app on as many devices as I want.Capture1.JPG

But when logged in to "My BT" I am met with thisCapture.JPG

A bit misleading, could someone from BT explain !!

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Anti Virus Cost Verification

Why bother with it, use one of the superior free AVs. As posted in your other thread.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you are an Infinity customer you get two licences. If you are an Infinity 2 customer you get 15 licences.

See link and scroll down to Important Information > Broadband.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/

BT Virus Protect

BT Virus Protect for 2 devices comes as standard with all our broadband packages, except Unlimited Infinity 2 which comes with 15 devices. You can increase to 15 licences for only £4 a month, with the first month free. You'll need to activate and download this service, it may not work with some computer or mobile systems. See details.

However I would agree thatyou would be better to use one of the many free AV products rather than using BT/McAfee.

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

@gg30340wrote:

If you are an Infinity customer you get two licences. If you are an Infinity 2 customer you get 15 licences.

See link and scroll down to Important Information > Broadband.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/

BT Virus Protect

BT Virus Protect for 2 devices comes as standard with all our broadband packages, except Unlimited Infinity 2 which comes with 15 devices. You can increase to 15 licences for only £4 a month, with the first month free. You'll need to activate and download this service, it may not work with some computer or mobile systems. See details.

However I would agree thatyou would be better to use one of the many free AV products rather than using BT/McAfee.

So this article is totally misleading, where it implies you can have as many licenses as you want for no cost.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

As you have said.. it is an "article", not the actual sales information that is in the link I posted.

The BT Virus Protect app is free to all BT broadband customers.  You can use it only as many devices as you want and it works on all Android phones and tablets.

When it says it is free it may be referring to the App. I don't know that it includes the AV product. The App in the Google Playstore does say there are in app purchases.

I personally wouldn't use any BT/Mcafee product so I haven't attempted to use the App. Have you tried to install the App to see if it lets you have more than two licences?

0 Ratings