cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT Anti Virus Powered by Norton = browser / BT account hijacker?

I have an old laptop which I use mostly to try out software I have no confidence in and don't want to install on my main laptop.

So, bearing that in mind, I installed the Norton powered BT AV on my old laptop but not on my main laptop, as part of this I enabled two extensions namely; Norton Safe Search and Norton Safe Web.

With my old laptop (the one with BT AV installed) powered down, I then started up my main laptop and launched Google Chrome, the result was quite alarming.

I received notifications that these two extensions had been installed on my main laptop and sure enough, when I checked, there they were.

My first thought was that my Google account is synchronized to my account, yeah that would explain it I thought. So I launched Microsoft Edge (which isn't synchronized to anything) on my main laptop and received the same message and again, when I checked, there it was.

I have no idea how this could happen other than by at my BT account level and if that's the case then I can't say that I care for it.

I was critical of McAfee but that is nothing compared to the suspicion I have toward Norton, has anyone else tried the same thing? 

0 Ratings