cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Antivirus changes

Go to solution

Hello Community and all fellow users.

Good of BT to inform users that virus protection was moving from McAfee to Norton.

I must have missed that email (or have they chosen conveniently to keep it secret).

I appreciate its a 'free' add on but surely such a major change should have been communicated  out as it involves users removing old software and replacing with new to maintain protection on any device you have it on.

Is anyone in the community able to flag this concern upwards please.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Antivirus changes

Go to solution

this is a forum post you appear to have missed

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Important-updates-to-your-virus-and-passwo...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Not every BT user views the forum.

I too, was surprised that I've not received an email or text from BT about this.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for that link.
As grahamm1 points out though not all users are forum members.
Perhaps a wider email from BT to all users would have been more prudent. After all we are a Communications Company.
(Not geting at you by the way)
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

from what I understand BT are notifying customers in batches  which has already started so you will get notified but obviously like me not in first batches

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

As McAfee will still be functional until March 2022, there is ample time yet to be notified of the change.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
I wanted to add a new device on 13 Dec and had no idea about the McAfee/Norton BT Virus Protect change. I couldn't add a new device until I'd updated to Norton and that's when my problems started and I joined this forum for help. Now I've sorted it and am very happy with Norton's performance (so far) on an old Windows 7 laptop and my new laptop. Faster than McAfee! A BT 'heads up' email would have been a great help to this inexperienced user...perhaps next time☺
0 Ratings