Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahemlee
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT App & Sky Sports

Go to solution

If you subscribe to Sky sports 1 & 2 hd via bt tv, can you watch it on the bt app?  And if so, can you chromecast this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT App & Sky Sports

Go to solution

No. The BT TV app only showsa number of channels. Sky Sports is not one of them.

Stew

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. The answer is No. Sky don't want BT to keep what they have, let alone extend it to other platforms.

EDIT: Sorry for the repetition - I was opening another bottle of wine while Stew was posting. Cheers! Cheers!.gif

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
sarahemlee
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Strange, I emailed the help on here and they said you can!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Who did you email? This is a customer to customer help forum with no general access outside these pages. If you emailed via the Contact BT link (see the bottom of this page), you may have had a reply from the overseas helpdesk, not renowned for its accuracy.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@sarahemlee I'm sorry about the incorrect info given to you in the email. Check out this link for a list of the channels available on the app BT TV app

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
sarahemlee
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
It was via the live chat. I wasn't that confident that they knew what I was talking about, especially when they said bt don't support Chromecast.

Just trying to get round the problem of getting sky into other rooms without wires or multi room. Think I may have found.a way now though! Thank you
0 Ratings
robinsst
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
My understanding is that you CANNOT watch Sky Sports Main Event (which I believe is the only Sky Sports channel available via a basic Sky Sports subscription), but you can record the programme (or a series) as long as you have paired your device, so you can watch it back later on via your BT Box.
Therefore the short answer is, NO, yoy can't watch it via either the BT Sports OR BT TV app.
Stu
0 Ratings