cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

BT App

I own a 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab and have run the BT app with no issues until tonight, upon attempting to log in I was given the a update for this app is available message,when I went to Play store I'm told the app is not compatible with this device. Any advice appreciated. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT App

Only a thought - and it is a thought and not a statement of fact. 

Is your Samsung running Windows or is it an android device?

If Windows that may explain why as many Windows apps are no longer used by Companies and I believe BT to be one such non-user now.  Existing windows apps therefore ceased to work and would be described as incompatible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

No mate,its a Android device

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 18

Another thought.   Which version of Android as some ceased to be supported this months.

See if this helps:

https://www.androidcentral.com/whatsapp-ending-support-outdated-versions-android

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Mine says Android version 9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 18

Hi @MikeN73,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry that you are having problems updating and accessing the My BT App.

The My BT app should work on Android smartphones or tablets running on Android 6.0 or later. I have raised this to our App developers to see if they have any idea why this is happening however it could be early next week before they get back to me.

Samsung have started to send the Android 10 update out to some of their devices. Can you try and update your device to Android 10 if the update is available to you?

Can you also post a screenshot of the error message you are getting within the Play Store?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately I am unable to upload a screenshot as I keep getting the message "image to big", I am happy to wait for a hopeful resolution from your app team. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

I am having the same problem with Samsung T580 with Android 8.1.0 Tab A 2016. I don't expect to get an update to Android. Around 12th Feb, it was working, then I got the update message and now it is not compatible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 18

Hi @Matt-S   I have been “playing” with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 Android 9. The M y BT App is simply not in the Play Store!