Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andy_247
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

BT Blocking? Why!!!

After being a broadband customer for 7 years, and a BT mobile customer for 4 months suddenly I can't access a load of sites such as Internet dating website (and I'm not even talking about the dodgy ones!!). I keep getting a BT blocked page.
I've never activated the parental controls (why would I, I'm not a parent) so why's this suddenly happened. I've now activated them, just so I can delete them but 9 hours later I'm still blocked.
Seriously getting hacked off. I'm paying for a service that BT is blocking me for using.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Blocking? Why!!!

If you are using a Windows computer, then enter the following command at the command prompt.

ipconfig  /flushdns

That will reset the DNS cache and remove any stale entries.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Blocking? Why!!!

@andy_247 wrote:
After being a broadband customer for 7 years, and a BT mobile customer for 4 months suddenly I can't access a load of sites such as Internet dating website (and I'm not even talking about the dodgy ones!!). I keep getting a BT blocked page.
I've never activated the parental controls (why would I, I'm not a parent) so why's this suddenly happened. I've now activated them, just so I can delete them but 9 hours later I'm still blocked.
Seriously getting hacked off. I'm paying for a service that BT is blocking me for using.

Hi.

How many devices are you able to access, e.g. mobile, tablet laptop etc ?

Do all of them have the same issue ?

0 Ratings