Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davese
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Broadband - BT Virus Scan Issues

BT Broadband - BT Virus Scan Issues

Libby, hopefully you can help. I’ve rebuild my PC twice in the last few days due to Windows 10 issues, the good news is all now OK after 3rd rebuild, and it’s the same PC.

Now the problems starts: I’m on Unlimited BT Infinity with calls and all the broadband extras, including BT Virus Scan. However when I try to download BT Virus scan again after my rebuild, I get a message from the MacAfee download telling me I’ve used my licenses, and will have to buy more licences to continue with BT Virus Scan. I’ve raised the issue with BT call centres who don’t appear to understand the issue as the advice from BT is to buy 10 licenses in order to restore my service. I’ve spoken to Mcafee who tell me I don’t need to pay them anymore money as I’m paying a monthly fee within my broadband contract for the service.

Libby please let me know how to resolve this as I’m getting nowhere with BT and MacAfee. I’d like to stay with BT being an ex-employee, however Its becoming increasing difficult to get anyone in BT to understand the issues customers like me have on a continuing basis.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Broadband - BT Virus Scan Issues

Unfortunately Libby does not frequent this forum and even if she did I doubt she would be able to help so you will need to make do with the forum moderators who will be the only people able to have your licence reset.

So I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

davese
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks gg30340

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 4

Hi @davese and thanks for posting.

I'm sure I'll be able to help you with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings