Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
creamcot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT CLOUD IS FLAWED AS IS THIS FORUM

Go to solution

In the first place in my opinion forums like this are only set up so BT can avoid taking direct responsiblity for a poor product. Most questions never get answers.The Cloud is good if you can access it. There seems to be no way of doing so if as happens to me often my PC -a good newish one-has just tried to activate the Windows 7 registry startup function before being connected to my BT broadband. Surely it is not beyond BT to enable a log in function if this happens. My PC is connected by LAN ever since Microsoft wrecked my wireless connection in their recent update. If there is a solution to this I will calm down! The same thing often happens with the Steam app but there they provide a manual log in.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT CLOUD IS FLAWED AS IS THIS FORUM

Go to solution

@creamcot wrote:

In the first place in my opinion forums like this are only set up so BT can avoid taking direct responsiblity for a poor product. Most questions never get answers.The Cloud is good if you can access it. There seems to be no way of doing so if as happens to me often my PC -a good newish one-has just tried to activate the Windows 7 registry startup function before being connected to my BT broadband. Surely it is not beyond BT to enable a log in function if this happens. My PC is connected by LAN ever since Microsoft wrecked my wireless connection in their recent update. If there is a solution to this I will calm down! The same thing often happens with the Steam app but there they provide a manual log in.

Which version of the Microsoft operating system are you running currently.

Is it Windows 10, or Windows 7, which you are referring to in your post?

If it’s Windows 10 updates which have wrecked your startups and wi fi connections, then there are fixes for this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

"In the first place in my opinion forums like this are only set up so BT can avoid taking direct responsiblity for a poor product. Most questions never get answers".

Bit of a weird way of starting your post. If you don't expect to get an answer why did you post!

If you want to stop programs that run at start up go into the System Configuration Utility on Windows 7

1. Press win Win-r. In the "Open:" field, type msconfig and press Enter.
  2. Click the Startup tab.
  3. Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup.

4. When you have finished making your selections, click OK.
  5. In the box that appears, click Restart to restart your computer.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @creamcot you can also access the BT Cloud service via your web browser by visiting https://btcloud.bt.com and logging in with your primary BT ID.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
creamcot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I am still using windows 7 on one partition with  Windows 10 on another which I use exclusively for my Flight sim. The Cloud is set up on 7 .If I used 10 would this make a difference to the Cloud issue I have? As to the update/wireless issue you sort of expect Microsoft to test these updates so I assumed it was a problem with my wireless set up and spent several hours rigging up a LAN cable from downstairs to my PC. Seems more reliable.  Anyway that is not really relevant !

The other post received is not really fair but I will admit to putting a somewhat controversial heading to my post in order to get some attention. I have never come across an application which relies 100% on a registry start up. Maybe the engineer who wrote this program used to work for Microsoft? Only joking

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@creamcot wrote:

The other post received is not really fair but I will admit to putting a somewhat controversial heading to my post in order to get some attention. I have never come across an application which relies 100% on a registry start up. Maybe the engineer who wrote this program used to work for Microsoft? Only joking

I think it was very fair. You posted and got a reply within about half an hour as was your first thread you posted in 12.11.17. Your post on 11.12.18 was not answered at that time but given that you have posted virtually the same question in this post it seems what you said was flawed, not the forum.

If you are using Windows 7 you could go into "services" and change the BTCloud start up from "Automatically" to either "Manual", in which case it will start when you open the program or set it to "Automatic delayed start" which will allow other Windows programs, probably including your broadband connection to start before it does.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@creamcot wrote:

I am still using windows 7 on one partition with  Windows 10 on another which I use exclusively for my Flight sim. The Cloud is set up on 7 .If I used 10 would this make a difference to the Cloud issue I have? As to the update/wireless issue you sort of expect Microsoft to test these updates so I assumed it was a problem with my wireless set up and spent several hours rigging up a LAN cable from downstairs to my PC. Seems more reliable.  Anyway that is not really relevant !

There are intermittent problems with Wi-fi connections, following Windows 10 October updates. Is this the update you are referring to? These can be fixed, but it may take several attempts using the Windows 10 Network troubleshooter utility, to be found in Settings.

As for a dual boot, (operating system), it’s a tricky subject: perhaps one for the ms experts on ms forums.

0 Ratings
creamcot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Your attitude towards me is the reason why I rarely use forums. I will find a way of sorting this out without snidey remarks from you. I will be leaving BT when my contract expires

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@creamcot wrote:

Your attitude towards me is the reason why I rarely use forums. I will find a way of sorting this out without snidey remarks from you. I will be leaving BT when my contract expires

Perhaps you should re-read your posts and reflect why I replied to you the way I did.

creamcot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I have solved the problem by installing the Cloud ap on my Win 10 partition which boots up speedily as it is a SSD. I will close this by saying I have a satisfactory solution even if I found it myself but sincerely hope I never have to visit this forum again

0 Ratings