cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT CLOUD allocation

Go to solution

Hi All,

Can someone explain how I can allocate a portion of my BT Cloud to my wife so she can free up space on her mobile phone and then also view the photos while in the cloud?

Many thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT CLOUD allocation

Go to solution

It should take care of itself if she downloads the app to her phone and configures it with the account name and password

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your response, we put the app on her phone but all our photos appear to have joined together?

should she have her own log on? she only wants to store her photos on our BT Cloud?

Regards

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I don't think she needs her own login but you should be able to test that by giving her one of your spare email addresses (if memory serves correct you can have a total of 15 to allocate as you wish) and use the login for that as the login for the cloud.

I used to have the app on two laptops and it created a directory tree on the cloud using the network name of each as the key

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Anonymous, the BT Cloud service only has one login name which is your primary BT ID. @Steve2858 if both you and your wife use the service on your mobiles it will save all the files/photos to the one BT Cloud account.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Frustratingly you can only have one BT Cloud account. Therefore it’s not possible to have a an area allocated for an individual user login.

So basically you have views / areas based on each device. If you look under Photos and Videos in the app you’ll see all the photos / videos stored in the cloud. And you can scroll through, search and download anything you see onto your device. It ends up in the Downloads area usually. 

If you want to see just Photos etc uploaded (backed up) from a particular device you’ll need to go to ‘All Files’. In there you’ll see any PCs that you’ve backed up’ but also a BTCloud folder. If you look in there you’ll find a folder list of your mobile devices. Click one to see the files backed up from that device. 

I think I’ve got this next bit  right, but I’m sure a guru will correct if not....  The BT Cloud folder is also called the ‘Sync’ folder because you can have copies of the files from your mobile devices (or any individual files in the folder) downloaded onto your PC. And any modifications you make to those files on the PC would be echoed on the device from where it was copied. Take a look at the Sync tab on the BTCloud PC Desktop app. 

0 Ratings