cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT CLOUD

This is the same problem that I am facing - posted about it here   https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Files-hiding-somewhere/td-p/21535...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Hi @JohnC2 ,

The version I'm am using is 20.3.10 and I have been the the BT Cloud website and downloaded the app but it is the same version as I already have installed. I am using iMac with OSX Catalina.

Previously I have removed the app and all references to BT Cloud and synchronoss and then reinstalled it but no difference still missing recent files.

ta

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Hi @raven219 ,

(@JohnC2 , @NeilO  for info)

There seems to be no progress with this issue and as a test I deleted a photo folder Pictures/2021 from BT Cloud and moved it to another folder on my iMac. Exiting from BT Cloud sync and restarted it. I then moved the 2021 folder back to Pictures. 

BT Cloud sync recognises it as new and started syncing I can see the images being uploaded in the Recently Updated list and have checked in the Network View in Activity Monitor and BT Cloud is sending data somewhere but when I log into the BT Cloud website in go to the Pictures/2021 folder it says "No Data Available". If I look at BT Cloud on the iPad it say you have not uploaded any data yet for folder Pictures/2021.

So where are the images going....

The last message I had from the BT Cloud help desk was they wanted me to try a few things. Unfortunately sods law is they ring when I'm driving or can't answer the phone. They have my email details so why can't they send an email.

It is over a month since I first raised this issue.

Ade

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

The version I'm am using is 20.3.10

V20.3.10 is ancient history, likely the version of BT Cloud that first caused problems. You need an older version if you want opne that works. We've been tearing our hair our with Vs 21.1.3, 21.2.3 and 21.2.8 that are meant to be the latest since innovation sliced bread but are totally useless as they do the reverse of what they are meant to do, at least with respect to syncing.

If you want to bang your head on a different brick wall, install new cloud version 21.2.8

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/q0lru7o7JQ

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Hi @henryfm ,

V20.3.10 is the latest version available for Mac OS X I believe V21 onwards are Windows versions.

However you have given me an idea to see if I still have an older version on a Time Machine backup. 

what is annoying is that I don’t get the promised ring backs so don’t know what is happening or if my issue has disappeared into a black hole like my files uploaded to by cloud.

Ta.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

However you have given me an idea to see if I still have an older version on a Time Machine backup.

Sounds like a good idea - where can I find the older versions, please?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Time Machine is Apple software that incrementally backs up files to a local portable hard drive. Similar to BT Cloud but th3 difference being it works.

I did have an old version of BT Cloud V17.something but I won’t work with OSX Big Sur.

Message 18 of 23

So earlier in the week I confirmed with the BT Cloud help desk that second tier support would be ringing today (17th) between 18:00 - 19:00 they confirmed this was in the case notes. Why do I get a text message at 17:19 from James saying they would call in the next 5 minutes. Which they didn't do as there is no recent call missed or otherwise on my mobile or landline.

arrgghhhh.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Hi @NeilO or @RobbieMac 

is there anyway to let the support team know I am away until the weekend? They rang on Saturday and left a message and I see from the complaint on my bt they are due to ring my home phone today between 18:00 - 20:00.  I am concerned that they might close the complaint as unable to contact me.

ta,

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Hi @Addy,

Thank you for posting. If you send me your details, I'll be able to add a note to your case to let them know that you won't be available until the weekend.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings