Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidO1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud - 2 accounts - one mysterious

Hi Folks,

I have been using BT Cloud for 3-4 years and all my business and private files are stored there. My wife (we are separated) decided to cancel the BT account without telling me, so I lost access to my automatic sync facility. I contacted BT who said if I re-ordered I would have access to my BT Cloud sync folder, so I did. The problem I have is that I can only see a new BT Cloud facility, I can't see my original sync folder, but I do get a message saying that I have 2 BT Cloud accounts, so how do I find out what the other account is??? I've tried my other various email addresses but drawn a blank.

Help anyone, Ta.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud - 2 accounts - one mysterious

Hi @DavidO1 If the closed account was in your name then we should be able to get this back for you. If however the previous account was in another name then we won't be able to help you in this scenario.

Please can you confirm if the closed account was held in your name and post back to let us know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
DavidO1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response John,

There is some confusion over this because originally it was in my name, I ordered the original package and I paid all the monthly subscriptions, but when I discovered what had transpired, I contacted the BT chat line and they informed me that the BT ID associated with the Infinity service was now in my wife's name and that is why she was able to cancel the service.

The chat line gent was able to re-assign the account to me but couldn't stop the cancellation? During a following chatline discusssion, I was told that if I reordered the service, I would be able to access my original BT Cloud folder, so I reordered, but when I tried to accesss my folder I was given a screen message saying that if I proceeded I would have a new BT Cloud folder, but that my orignal folder was still intact and all I had to do was to sign in with my other BT Cloud ID - sadly I have no idea what that is. I have tried all of the email addresses previously used, including my wife's and nothing appears to work?

Before I pressed the activation button on this screen, when I logged on I could still see all of my files and I could access them, but I couldn't update anything because it said I had insufficient storage.

If I can retrieve my files, there is no point in having the service since I don't live in the UK at present.

Any additional input would be warmly welcome.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @DavidO1 Thanks for posting back. 

We will be happy to look into this further for you if you send us over the account your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
DavidO1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hello John,

I have done as you suggested.

Thanks,

David.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @DavidO1,

Thanks for speaking with me briefly today. I've sent you a private message if you could view it please.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings