cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud 21.2.8 constant 15% to 30% CPU usage

Hello, is anyone else having the above issue?  It was there with the previous version of BT Cloud as well.  Basically, all of my files are uploaded and I would expect BT Cloud to be in 'standby mode', but it is always running at minimum 15% CPU usage.  I have around 600GB of data uploaded to the cloud, but as mentioned already, it is 100% uploaded.

To remedy I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but it is exactly the same.

Strangely on my laptop I do not see the same issue.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud 21.2.8 constant 15% to 30% CPU usage

I'm also experiencing constant high CPU usage (>30%) since updating to BT Cloud 21.2.8 on my HP laptop even though it's showing as all files synced!

I wondered why the fan on my laptop was running constantly fast despite no activity being carried out, so I consulted Task Manger which also shows a very high power usage for BT Cloud!

The original version of BT Cloud was much better all round..........I'm afraid I'm losing faith in their current offering!

Any comments would be gratefully received before my laptop overheats!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Yes, currently averaging about 30% CPU, power usage is "very high"

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Just to reply to my own post - I see the same issue on my laptop as well, constant 15% to 30% CPU activity.  Initially I thought it was behaving normally but it wasn't, it's the same as my PC.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Further to my earlier post.

Yesterday I decided to delete ALL data files from the Cloud and uninstall the software.

I then proceeded to reinstall BT Cloud (version 21.2.8) and waited several hours for 38.5Gb of data in the BT Cloud folder on my laptop to sync, but both the desktop and web clients show that only 20Gb has been uploaded to the Cloud (even though the desktop client on my laptop states "All files synced" with the last file being uploaded 11 hours ago) and my laptop fan is still working overtime and Task Manager shows the CPU running at around 30% and very high power usage!

If I pause syncing on the desktop client the CPU continues to run at 30%!

I'm beginning to think that I've configured the set-up incorrectly but the BT Cloud User Guide isn't very helpful!

Can anybody help??

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Update: Having paused syncing the CPU usage has dropped off and the fan is quiet. I've now resumed syncing and all is OK........but still only 20Gb has uploaded to the Cloud!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

lucky you got to upload 100% of your data... !

ive been trying for 2 weeks to upload around the same amout of data as you did, however. The BTcloud software keeps crashing (no error, just vanishes from teh taskbar?) and when opened again, it "appears" to restart uploading, albeit very slowly.... today it said it had finished, Hurrah! I cried. but alas, upon checking the uploaded data, only 300GB went up...? Great job BTCloud.... telling me its all done and synced....liar liar pants on fire!
Anyway, now that this useless software "thinks" it has done its job , but hasnt. How then do i get it to re-sync to pick up the 300GB it missed....? thanks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Further to my earlier post.

The high CPU usage of BT Cloud 21.2.8 continues to degrade the performance of my Windows laptop on a regular basis, so I've just spoken to a guy on the BT Cloud Helpdesk who was unable to assist.......but he agreed to record my issue!

He suggested that other disgruntled users should also contact the BT Cloud Helpdesk on 0808 100 6778 so that they're made aware of a wider CPU usage problem and perhaps the team will investigate further.

I'm not holding my breath!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Thanks!  Personally I have completed my uploads but had to uninstall the app until they hopefully get it sorted out.  I can still access my files through the webpage so will do that for the time being.  Not ideal at all, but I have completely lost faith in this app since it failed completely for me about 6 months ago.  I had hoped these new versions were going to fix things, but sadly there are too many issues to make it usable for anything other than an online data store.  I use Google Drive and Amazon Photos for every day cloud storage with instant access and update across all of my systems and cannot fault them.

Message 10 of 10

The guy on the BT Cloud Helpdesk suggested I do the same, i.e. upload documents to the BT Cloud directly using the web client instead of relying on the desktop client.................but this is hardly a satisfactory workaround as it means I would have to forgo auto syncing for my backups!

His other throwaway comment: there are other vendors out there (that shall remain nameless) who offer anti-virus software that also results in unexplained high CPU usage. Clearly BT are not ashamed to offer equally deficient products!