cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

BT Cloud 21.4.10

Go to solution

Well powered up my PC after my fish tank maintenance and got a notice that BT Cloud needed a restart to install an update.  Now at 21.4.10.  Fired up Excel  and after editing the previous week's file, the updated file loaded to the cloud. Haven't tried any more as yet but looks like progress has been made.  

Promising.Promising.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT Cloud 21.4.10

Go to solution

My version of BT Cloud was earlier so I have just downloaded 21.4.10 manually from www.bt.com/cloud/download. It had not uploaded automatically. However, it does not show any release notes or history.  I have also checked C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BTCloud to no avail. How do we see what changes have been made and what has been fixed?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Well I have not been offered the update on my other Desktop nor an ASUS Laptop.  When I try to download the latest BT Cloud on them, I am only getting 21.2.8 offered.  I have a Dell Laptop that didn't have BT Cloud installed and tried it---same 21.2.8.  I don't know what is going on.  Either the update has been pulled because of a problem or it is just still a Beta and is only being available to a select few.  The Desktop where it installed itself, I had previously submitted diagnostic logs for my sync problem as requested by the Moderators. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

@RTLwrote:

Well I have not been offered the update on my other Desktop nor an ASUS Laptop.  When I try to download the latest BT Cloud on them, I am only getting 21.2.8 offered.  I have a Dell Laptop that didn't have BT Cloud installed and tried it---same 21.2.8.  I don't know what is going on.  Either the update has been pulled because of a problem or it is just still a Beta and is only being available to a select few.  The Desktop where it installed itself, I had previously submitted diagnostic logs for my sync problem as requested by the Moderators. 

I was notified that the new version was available, but a restart was required for it to activate the new BT Cloud Version 21.4.10.  Before doing so, I checked the properties of my Desktop BT Cloud icon and saw that Version 21.4.10 had been downloaded to my Laptop without my knowledge.  

I did have my laptop on for about 5 hours before receiving the message, so it may just be a matter of timing that you haven't received the message yet.

After the restart, the new version was working much faster, but there is nothing to show what, if any, changes have been made since version 21.3.8.

There has been no change to the BT Cloud User Guides (there are two versions available and neither of these are totally correct).

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

Y'all should be so lucky!  I did have a phone call last week (re my open complaint) from a BT Tech guy who told me there was a new version of BT Cloud that might solve my problem and could he install it.  I explained that I was just about to take the lasagne out of the oven for dinner so it was a bit inconvenient.  We chatted a bit about the exact detail of my problem (they never read the notes, do they!) and he promised to call back the next day afternoon.  To date, I'm still waiting.  Maybe I'll take a look and see if I can find the download, but I'm not holding my breath. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution
He's probably been delayed while he tries out your lasagne recipe!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

@cfpagewrote:

My version of BT Cloud was earlier so I have just downloaded 21.4.10 manually from www.bt.com/cloud/download. It had not uploaded automatically. However, it does not show any release notes or history.  I have also checked C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BTCloud to no avail. How do we see what changes have been made and what has been fixed?

Was Version 21.4.10 available to you via the link you used? 

Another Forum member reported back to me that only version 21.2.8 was downloaded when he tried it.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

I just went to the BT Cloud download link and got Setup-BTCloud-Production-21.4.10.exe

www.bt.com/cloud/download now gives 21.2.8  via 
https://conf-btpc-prod.uk-uxb.synchronoss.com/snc-repo/data/SyncDrive/download?client=pc

I therefore presume that 21.4.10 has been withdrawn. We really do need a proper history and release notes published alongside the downloads.

Charles

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

@cfpagewrote:

I just went to the BT Cloud download link and got Setup-BTCloud-Production-21.4.10.exe

www.bt.com/cloud/download now gives 21.2.8  via 
https://conf-btpc-prod.uk-uxb.synchronoss.com/snc-repo/data/SyncDrive/download?client=pc

I therefore presume that 21.4.10 has been withdrawn. We really do need a proper history and release notes published alongside the downloads.

Charles

I couldn't agree more Charles, please see the first page of a presentation that I have been putting together:

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/UyIOkdtmz2

JTS1 - John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

Got a notification earlier on my Laptop that a restart was needed to update BT Cloud.  Looks like 21.4.10 has now been released for general use.

Latest version.Latest version.

0 Ratings