cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Cloud Android App

Recently changed phones (from one Android to another). BT app was working Ok on the old phone. I cannot get the app to work on the new phone. It does not get past the at the "Cloud Performance Optimization Initializing...". I have forced stop, deleted and re-installed (3 times now).

There is no specific help for BT Cloud - it seems like an afterthought by BT and not thought through very well for that matter. Waste of time calling helpdesk, as they know nothing. I am told there used to be a BT cloud helpdesk, but that seems to have gone.

Any ideas would be useful - just to stress, I have re-installed 3 times!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Cloud Android App

I have exactly the same problem on my Android phone, a Samsung Galaxy S9+.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

You might be as well off googling the phrase you used ("Cloud Performance Optimization Initializing")and filtering the results for (say) the last year. I just did and among other results I found this, hope it's of use.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Conflicted-Copies/td-p/2123339

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already searched extensively for a solution in the absence of any help from BT. Like you I found the entry that you tagged, which is not the issue that I described and it doesn't have a solution anyway!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, but I did just that search with the same result before I wrote my post. I have added a detailed review to Play Store in case BT notices.  Other than that, the best bet seems to be to look elsewhere. When travel becomes possible it would be good to be able to backup photos to the cloud as well as from camera to phone. Irritating to have to pay for a service I'm already paying BT for as part of my package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Getting exactly the same with my Samsung s9. Tried all the usual, clearing data / cache, reinstalled - still the same!

Pain in the bum!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Try Dropbox, the free version.  At least it is backing up my photos now, so should be good for (eventual) holidays.  The rest I backup to my laptop using Samsung Smartswitch.  More laborious, but at least it works.

Message 8 of 8

Is there anyone from BT out there who can advise how to escalate this issue?  As I previously said, the standard BT help desk staff know absolutely nothing about BT Cloud. 

0 Ratings