cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud Desktop App not working

I tried accessing my BT Cloud desktop App recently and noticed that the app has been updated. It is now a little icon in the my system tray.

The desktop app no longer appears to be working. It is at version 21.2.8.

Hovering my mouse over the icon gives a message 'Trying to connect to servers'

Clicking on the Cloud Icon open the desktop app, but the app is not responding. Clicking the globe or the wheel does not do anything. I have a bunch of folders that I need to add to the regular schedule of backup but am unable to do so.

I am on Windows 10.

I followed some of the other threads on this forum and did try installing an earlier version 21.2.3 with WebViewer2 but the outcome was the same.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud Desktop App not working

Adding additional Information

The Log files has the following stack trace

2021-06-20 17:03:22.994 +01:00 [INF] LoadConfigUrlsAsync /snc-conf/snc-config, gb, 0, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.Core.NetworkConfig" }
2021-06-20 17:03:22.995 +01:00 [INF] Loaded NetworkConfig from Cache, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.Core.NetworkConfig" }
2021-06-20 17:03:22.996 +01:00 [DBG] BackOff generated: 300000 ms, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.Core.Policies" }
2021-06-20 17:03:22.996 +01:00 [WRN] OnRetryAsync 19 times, "00:05:00", RetryPolicy-17b00072, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.Core.Policies" }
System.InvalidOperationException: This operation is not supported for a relative URI.
at System.Uri.GetLeftPart(UriPartial part)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.HttpClientFactoryBuilder.HttpClientFactory.GetInstanceKey(Uri address)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.HttpClientFactoryBuilder.HttpClientFactory.GetOrCreateInstance(Uri address)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.HttpClientFactoryBuilder.HttpClientFactory.Find(Uri address)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.NetworkConfigClientAbstract.<LoadXDocumentFromUrl>d__3.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.NetworkConfig.<LoadConfigUrls>d__34.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Polly.Policy.<>c__DisplayClass181_0`1.<<ExecuteAsyncInternal>b__0>d.MoveNext()
at Polly.RetrySyntaxAsync.<>c__DisplayClass49_1.<<WaitAndRetryForeverAsync>b__1>d.MoveNext()
at Polly.Retry.RetryEngine.<ImplementationAsync>d__1`1.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Polly.Policy.<ExecuteAsyncInternal>d__181`1.MoveNext()
at Polly.Policy.<ExecuteAsync>d__121`1.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.NetworkConfig.<LoadConfigUrlsAsync>d__32.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.NetworkConfig.<InternalLoad>d__31.MoveNext()
at Polly.RetrySyntaxAsync.<>c__DisplayClass49_1.<<WaitAndRetryForeverAsync>b__1>d.MoveNext()

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud Desktop App not working

In a way, I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I have installed/uninstalled/tried various versions of the Desktop App with no joy. I had it working perfectly before so that files I saved were synced between my laptop and desktop. The desktop still works with 20.6.1.

I notice that no one has answered your question although posted for some time, so I'm not holding my breath for help............

0 Ratings