Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 2

BT Cloud Desktop App

Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to remove folders from the Back Up section of the Desktop App. The attached screen shot shows two folders and I would have thougth that if I click the red minus icon next to Start Backup it would remove the folder. However that just opens the folder in Finder (using Apple Mac). I can log into the BT Cloud website and delete the files and folders there but they still show up in the Back Up. I have tried uninstalling the app and removing all references to BT Cloud and Sycnhronoss and then reinstalling but the folders are still there.

thanks

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 08.55.35.png

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Cloud Desktop App

Go to solution

@Addy I found this info on the BT Cloud userguide

Desktop Backup
1. Open the dashboard of BT Cloud.
2. Click on Backup Tab.
3. Click on Mark a folder on your PC for Backup and select the folder that you would like included when backing up.
Once a folder has been backed up, the following applies to the selected folder:
 Any new content found in that folder is backed up to the Cloud.
 Any changes in content is uploaded to the Cloud in a one-way sync operation, ensuring the Cloud backup is
always up to date.
 Any deleted content on the Desktop client is NOT synced to the Cloud. This ensures that the Cloud content is
secure even if you inadvertently delete a file or your desktop is lost or stolen.
 Any deleted content in the Cloud will be re-backed up at the next Desktop backup window. This provides a
‘double lock’ on the content and ensures that the BT Cloud Desktop Backup is always up to date with
the Desktop.

To remove a Desktop Backup from the Cloud
 You must first unset the folder as a Desktop Backup folder.
 You can then delete the content from the Cloud and it will no longer be backed up.
In addition to setting a folder on the user desktop as a Desktop Backup, you can also map a network drive to your desktop and set the Network Drive as a backup.

If you have any trouble with that I'd recommend giving the cloud helpdesk a call on 0800 500 3114 Open 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings