Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jcdl
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud Desktop Client Failure – Blank Setup Window

Go to solution

A few days ago the BT Cloud Desktop Client window on my PC stopped displaying folders, navigation buttons and usage information - leaving just a blank screen. The PC is running Windows XP.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the Desktop Client several times, always with the same results: after accepting the licence terms I get a BT Cloud Login screen, but when the BT Cloud ID and password are entered the same login screen reappears. When ID and password are entered again, I get the message “Page expired - to protect privacy and improve security, the page you are trying to access is no longer available. Please, close the window and start over again”. Closing this window just takes me back to whatever was running before I started.

The process does apparently install the Desktop Client, as BT Cloud reappears in the Program List and an icon shows on the Desktop screen. But invoking the program just produces a blank window headed “BT Cloud Setup” with no options other than the usual minimise/resize/close buttons.

I have performed a system restore back to before the symptom showed up, and have tried the reinstall process both with different browsers running and with no browser, and with my anti-virus software disabled, all with the same result.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud Desktop Client Failure – Blank Setup Window

Go to solution

Hi @jcdl and welcome.

It looks like you've tired everything at your side so if you're still having problems can you drop me over an email with the details and I'll lend a hand. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jcdl
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks - will do.
0 Ratings
jcdl
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry David - I am logged in to the Community but your private contact details aren't appearing on your "About David M" page (although I see that other moderators' profiles are showing private contact details.)  Is this a privacy settings thing or is it something else I'm doing wrong?

Best wishes

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @jcdl Sorry about that. I have enabled the link for you on my profile so you can contact us.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jcdl
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

This problem was not solved until for entirely different reasons I bought and installed a new hub (BTHub6) to replace my existing Home Hub 2.0.  Cloud Desktop Client reinstalled immediately and seems to be working perfectly.

0 Ratings