cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therockstar
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud Desktop app. Just doesnt work.

So I got an email telling me I've been upgraded to 500Gb of cloud storage... Hurrah! Happy days!

Only its next to useless because the BT Cloud desktop app has sat there all day spinning at 1% and uploaded a grand total of 34 files.  On Infinity 2. with nothign else running.

Seriously BT pull your finger out and fix this.  Dont make out like you're giving me an upgrad and then provide an inferior piece of crud software.

How hard can it be?  I have an old WSFTP program that uploads everything in seconds.  how is it possible to make such a useless app?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
l0nd0ner
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud Desktop app. Just doesnt work.

Sorry, but I have I also have the same problem. It has been 'syncing' for over two weeks and has only made it up to 35%. I hope that BT does something... but I doubt it. It must just be an advertising gimmick. I will give it another week and then write a letter of complaint and cancel it. I am sure it must be having a detrimental effect on the pc. I notice that BT has complaints about this stretching back to 2013... they also have not solved those posts either just asked them to ring customer services.

0 Ratings
vieyrad
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

I am also having problems with the new BT Cloud PC app. I was forced to upgraded as the old version stopped working and now after finally showing all my files it uses 30% CPU time constantly. Two directories show as not completely backed up by the arrow not being green but all files in the directories have the green tick. It constantly shows 1 file to back up. So BT you have given me 10 times the storage but made it impossible to use. The old app was fine. I have to stop the cloud app to get the CPU back. As I have Infinity 2 with fibre to my desk speed is not a problem. Fix the app or the extra is no good.

0 Ratings
Fingers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

I too have the same problem...

I got the email telling me I've been upgraded to 500Gb of cloud storage... Decided to revsit this application as it was unreliable when I last looked at it a couple of years ago.

Did an upgrade to BT Cloud v15.2.8.24 on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, but the BT Cloud desktop app is either unresponsive or sits there all day, every day saying 'syncing'

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 5 of 10

The Mac app does not even run for me. It hung my whole system up when it tried to do an update, which then failed. I've tried re-installing it 4 times but it keeps saying it's broken and should be moved to trash.

There is a web based bulk uploader now, you have to jump through hoops to enable Java on Safari, but it appears to work, although I still don't fully understand/ trust BT Cloud ! They should just have copied / done a deal with Google, how hard can it be.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Just updated and the old and really useful BTCloud is cumbersome and useless. Used to have a handy icon on PC so did not have to keep logging in. Very difficult and slow uploading and cannot thenaccess the new ones on Ipad. So... Is there an icon to place on desktop loke there used to be. Is the sytem under maintenance since 7 October... Its now 10th. HELP

0 Ratings
mikegreenland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

When oh when are you going to fix it BT. SInce the 10 AUg it has been rubbish. Three upgrades since then and the desktop app will still not upload files

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I used to use this a lot to sync between desktop and ipad and found it very useful. Now all it does on my Ipad is say that the system is under maintenance. Its been like this for about 6 weeks. Some maintenance! I am afraid its time for is all to ditch BT cloud. I recommend Dropbox. Not as pretty as the Cloud, but does the job every time AND it does not pretend to have 500 gb storage, pretend being the operative word. Anyone else had this trouble?

0 Ratings
GWF
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

I moved files to BT Cloud when Dropbox ended support for Windows XP and BT worked well.
After the update BT cloud was hopeless and as I had upgraded to Windows 10 I returned to Dropbox which is so much easier to use.
0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Hi @AlbertSnodgrass,

It sounds to me like you're not using the latest version of BT Cloud on your iPad. I think if you uninstall, then reinstall the latest version from the App Store that you'll find it works.

Cheers,

Joe

0 Ratings