cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver341
Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud - Error 500--Internal Server Error

Is anyone seeing "Error 500--Internal Server Error" when clicking My BT > My Extras > My BT Cloud ?

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
mikenott
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud - Error 500--Internal Server Error

Yes. For several days.
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 3 of 10

Thanks. I can see a couple of past posts about this issue in the forums, but it looks like an issue that comes and (hopefully) goes.

https://www.btcloud.bt.com/ still loads fine, but the broken link in "My BT" is the only method to download the software.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
NettieK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

I'm receiving this Error 500 Message today (18 Oct 2013).  Does anyone know what's happening - I don't feel inclined to ring and spend an age talking to someone overseas about it.  I've only just attempted to start using BT Cloud this week but on this basis I may well not bother anymore.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 5 of 10

I agree, it doesn't inspire much confidence in the product, especially if we were one day to be presented with "error 500" when trying to recover important files.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
mkcomputing
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Link to alternative source of software embedded here:

BTCloud software link is bust - BTCare Community Forums

The link there, found in a discussion of earlier woes, delivers BTNetworkInstaller version 2.1.1948.1. Is that the latest?

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 7 of 10

The last time I got a message in the 500s was yesterday on a website that was under attack. My programme told me no information coming from server

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 10

it doesn't inspire much confidence in the product,

When you do manage to install the product you will find this lack of confidence confirmed.

It tries to do several things, but doesn't quite manage to do any of them properly.

The worst failure is that is has no proper history support, just an unstructured Trash folder.

It has the makings of a passable system, but has a lot of things to fix before it gets there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 10

@mkcomputing wrote:

Link to alternative source of software embedded here:

BTCloud software link is bust - BTCare Community Forums

The link there, found in a discussion of earlier woes, delivers BTNetworkInstaller version 2.1.1948.1. Is that the latest?

Version installed here is 2.1.1948 (note that the "1" is not there): date of installation is 13-10-2013, as shown in the listing in Microsoft Windows 7 control panel, and also in the "about" section in BT Cloud.
I don't quite understand why the "My BT Cloud" link doesn't work - it's OK here, or was at 10-30AM.

Perhaps when you have installed this latest version, it will work.

Apologies for posting with SJTP simultaneously.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 10 of 10

The My BT > My BT Cloud link seems to work now after being broken for a couple of weeks. Hopefully it stays fixed.

Oliver.
0 Ratings