Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam2349
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT Cloud Error Code UN2

Go to solution

Hi,

Had a lot of service issues with BT so far, after waiting 3 weeks with false promise after false promise of being connected, and after being convinced to switch from Virgin it was quite disappointing to suffer such an outage.

8 days ago, we finally got connected to Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus (FTTP). The one thing we seem to be missing now is the 1TB of BT Cloud storage. I'm looking to test out BT Cloud but cannot login due to the UN2 error code, saying I'm not eligible for BT Cloud.

It says to login with my primary BT ID. I only know of one BT ID, and that's the one the broadband package is registered under, and that one doesn't work.

A few days ago, I was on the phone with support, who requested me to install some third party remote access software to control one of my machines. Why they couldn't use Microsoft Remote Assistance I don't know, and why they wanted to remote in I don't know either, as the issue is clearly on BT's end.

Anyway, the guy remoted in and didn't seem to know what he was doing and even minimised the browser; why he needed to look outside my browser I don't know. He then said BT Cloud can take up to a week to activate, and at the time we had been connected for 4 or 5 days. It's now day 8 and BT Cloud still gives me this error.

I've heard that people have more luck getting their problems fixed on the forum so I hope someone from BT can resolve this for me.

Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Cloud Error Code UN2

Go to solution

Hi @Liam2349  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you have issues with getting connected and now cannot access the BT Cloud. 

The BTID is the one you have for your broadband account. Please can you login and click on the packages section and scroll down to check the Broadband Extras section. Do you see the icons for your extras such as web protect and virus protect? Is there an icon for Cloud to activate and download? Post back and let me know.

thanks
John  

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Liam2349
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response.

I logged into my.bt.com, clicked Package, Included Extras, and I get a yellow banner saying "Sorry something's gone wrong. We're not able to get back the status of your extras right now, please come back later."

I see a bunch of extras on the page, like virus protect and web protect, which say NOT ACTIVE, and have buttons to activate.

BT Cloud appears different on the page, and where the others say NOT ACTIVE, BT Cloud says nothing, and has no button to activate. It has a button saying "Manage BT Cloud", which takes me to the My BT homepage.

EDIT: Just editing to say that I have tried everything in both Edge (the pre-Chromium version), and Chrome.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Liam2349  Thanks for checking that for me and we will need to help you get this fixed. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Liam2349  thanks for sending over the details. I've raised a fault to the bt.com team to get this fixed and will update you as soon as I have an update from them.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bob67
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Your description fits precisely the same difficulty that I have experienced since returning to BT after an 18 month break with EE. I have spent many hours on live chat or waiting for calls that just do not happen. The faults acknowledged and raised declare themselves fixed when nothing has changed. I have raised a complaint but that seems to have disappeared from the record.

I had my laptop checked by a competent IT manager who gave it the all clear and told me that my understanding was correct ie this Error Code UN2 is a BT problem and only they can fix it.

The symptoms described by Liam2349 do not require repeating here.

I rather hope the moderator will spot this cry for help and ensure the service I am paying for is finally provided.  

As an aside - awoke this morning to complete silence on my landline and spent yet more time on live chat raising a fault etc. Engineer calls on Monday..... 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Bob67 welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting, it's disappointing to see that you're also experiencing this error with the BT Cloud service and not getting help after complaining.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team. The moderators can't personally fix faults with the BT Cloud service but we'll be happy to chase up the cloud team on your behalf.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Bob67 

I picked up your case today and tried calling you a few minutes ago.  Sorry I couldn't reach you.  Thanks for sending the details over.

I am in the office until 9pm tonight if you are free for a quick chat at some stage this evening?  Drop me a reply to let me know please.  If I don't hear word back from you I'll try calling you again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bob67
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
Just picked up your message. I'm in today until about 4pm
0 Ratings
Bob67
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Further to the quick reply, I have just checked the package details in My BT and see that I am now showing active on BT Cloud however, I still cannot access anything or log in to it. Error code UN2 still appears.

I also mentioned my lack of landline in first post. Engineer called Monday 10th and checked external/internal to find that BT Advance phone with 3 handsets was faulty. ELF was the expression he used. I of course contacted BT re potential £85 charge for problem with equipment but believe this has been waived although have no confirmation as yet. Phone equipment returned to BT Shop under warranty with appropriate authorisation and musty now wait for replacement item.

My life is slipping away while having this extended relationship with BT - can someone please address these irritating issues?  Next stop OFCOM I think!

0 Ratings