cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markthom
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud - Error playing large video files

Hi, I have read several posts about issues uploading large files to BT Cloud but my problem is not uploading them it is playing them after they have uploaded. I am using the cloud app on my iPhone and/or the cloud website on my Mac, on the iPhone I get an error message 'could not play video' and for the same video on the cloud website I get a more meaningful error message of 'File XXX is too big to be playable'. 

I have uploaded several different sized videso and the tipping point seems to be between 250mb-350mb, a lot of my home videos are 500mb+ so this is a real problem for me.

BT can you shed any light on this? I dont want to be breaking apart some of these videos just to get them to play, they upload ok?

thanks, Mark.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud - Error playing large video files

Hi @markthom sorry you are having this problem with the Cloud service.

If you are still experiencing this problem then please call the Cloud helpdesk on 0800 500 3114. They are open 9am-9pm Mon-Fri and to 6.30pm at the weekend.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I raised this issue with the helpdesk & the answer was that BT engineers are aware of an existing issue playing video files over 300Mb but I have been unable to get an answer as to progress & resolution, are you able to help with this please? Also, I dont know if all the large files already uploaded will just start playing when the fix is in place or whether I will need to upload them all again.

Mark.

0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Does anyone from the forum able to provide an answer to this, you must be aware of any ongoing fixes for the above.
0 Ratings
farrar
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I'm guessing you've not managed to get this resolved yet? Very annoying....

0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Not heard a thing which is disappointing as all I’m asking for is a fix date being as the problem has been identified.

BT are you able to update the community?

Mark.
0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Does anyone from the forum have an update to this question, if not I will raise the question on Actionline.

Mark.
0 Ratings
markthom
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

are there any updates on this please?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @markthom,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues playing large files through your BT Cloud.

I've highlighted this to my colleagues in the Cloud team and they would like to get this investigated. They've asked if you could provide your details to help with the investigation?

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 10

Hi @markthom 

Thanks for sending in your details and speaking with me this evening.

This is now with the BT Cloud team, so let's see how we can get this sorted for you.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings