Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
richardbowen
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT Cloud Freezing

Go to solution

I have subscribed to Cloud for a while without issues. After a recent update, whenever I boot up my PC, Cloud launches from Start Up as normal and then displays an empty window with title bar along with the 'busy' circle  of doom. And then it stays like that forever. It will not respond to any control at all. After a while it seems that synching has been updated, but the window remains stuck there. I have to open Task Manager and end the process, as it will not even respond to 'end application'.

If I disable the program at Start Up and try using the program manually, exactly the same thing happens. As this means I cannot interrogate the application, I have no idea whether things are nevertheless working as they should, and in any event I do not want to have a hanging program sitting there using resources.

Any help out there?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Silviap
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Cloud Freezing

Go to solution
Hi Richardbowen, in order to help you, is needed to know which operative system you use (Windows, Linux or Apple), if you use Windows my advise is to restore the PC, to a date before you updated the software, some times, the update of some software are not supported from your operative system, or your PC current have not enough space or memory. So this have effect on it. If you need help to reset or restore your PC you can made a easily search on Google or YouTube, or even ask here and I will help you.
I wish this was helpful.
Silvia
0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @richardbowen,

Something's definitely not right there - sorry you're having problems.

Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BT Cloud software? If not I'd try this as a first fix. If it doesn't work then post back and I'll ask the Mod's to get in contact with you and collect some logs from BT Cloud, so we can work out what's going wrong.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Ratings
richardbowen
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi and thanks for this

Yeah. i have previously tried uninstalling and downloading afresh to reinstall. Same thing happens.

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for trying that @richardbowen.

Can you please drop me over an email with your details and we'll get this looked into for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
richardbowen
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi - sorry to say I can't see any 'contact' link on your profile page.... @DavidM

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @richardbowen,

If you click on my username, you'll see the "Contact The Mods" link under the "About Me section of my profile.

If you are on a mobile device, you'll need to switch to the full version of the site.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
RKM
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Sounds like the same problem I reported here on 23rd March.

Have you had any solution yet?

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @richardbowen & @RKM,

I agree - it sounds like your problems are very similar, and are probably being caused by the same issue. The good news is that we've identified what the problem is (a software problem that only occurs on certain accounts) and will be fixing it in our next software release. We expect to have a beta version ready by the end of this week (I'll send you PMs when it is, in case you'd like to try it out), with the general release expected this month (subject to passing quality testing).

Sorry you've run into these issues.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Ratings
RKM
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi JoeV,

RobbieMac sent me the link to the beta, and I installed it last night.

It certainly seems to resolve the problem I was having.  Smiley LOL

Thanks to the BT Cloud team for resolving this.

Hope the quality testing goes well and you get the general release out as planned.

0 Ratings