Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud Hangs

Go to solution

Hi,

When uploading to BT Cloud all seems ok but after a while it just stalls and stays like that even if left for say a couple hours. Pausing and resuming doesn't kick it into action it appears the only way is to Quit BT Cloud and then sign in again until it stalls and I have to repeat the quitting process. Is this a known issue? Why can't BT Cloud run in the background without any issue or problems. Have the latest BT desktop version running on MAC with EL Capitan.

ta

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud Hangs

Go to solution

Hi @Addy  sorry that you are having problems with the Cloud service hanging when you uploading. You would be best to give the Cloud Helpdesk a call on 0800 500 3114. They are open 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun and they would be best placed to help you with this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

Thanks and I will give that number a ring.

Ade

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have had this problem for 3 days now.... Can anyone advise if there has been a reduction in the actual size the packets of data are streaming as it is taking 5 hours to upload 2 GB of data.  It hangs after 3-5 seconds

Have reported this on the phone but had no satisfaction with replies... To say the least I am a bit FED UP 

Someone promised to call back STILL waiting

Good job we 999 folk have a better response time

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I still have this problem and find the only way around it is to quit iCloud and restart and log in again. Sometimes it goes along uploading with no problems and then will stick on one file and hang so back to logging in etc.  There seems to be no common file type it sticks on just random. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I've just started using this. Could anyone give me a clue as to how long 2 gig should take to upload if it isn't hanging. It seems to be doing something but it's so slow. According to the speed test my upload speed is 16 Mbps so I don't think that's the problem.

I'm not sure how much 200gig would cost with someone else but I can I have a refund for an equivalent service that is actually usable. BT might as well give away a zillion gig because there's no way you can upload it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Well there's only one thing slower than BT Cloud and that's the responses on this Forum I suspect any sensible person has given up with it which is what I'm doing
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I see you have posted the phone number of the 'Helpdesk' as a solution.  I rang them and after being cut off twice and put through to 4 different people the final one they said they did not provide support for the BT Cloud!  I should have known he was not a tech expert when he said he had never heard of the term 'hanging' when applied to an App.  I should also have been wary as he never asked what hardware/software I was using.  I persisted and he kept putting me on hold and finally asked what hardware I was using and how old was my computer before suggesting it was too 'old'.  I'm running Mac OS 10.15 for goodness sake!

This is pretty useless tech help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Having uninstalled and re-installed BT Cloud it is now backing up - but incredibly slowly.  I have a [fast internet connection 17mbps upload at present] and I've managed to upload 40 GB - in two whole days!

At first I thought it wasn't backing up as it was so slow, but I realised it was as I monitored the process.

The other weird thing is if you open the 'syncing window' in the menu bar [I'm running a mac] the file list never seems to update, so it's stuck on what uploaded when the process started.  Mine is currently showing last file synced 28 minutes ago but if I go to the Cloud I can see more recent progress.

Whoops I just checked while typing this and it seems to have frozen 18 minutes ago, despite claiming to be still syncing.

Why is BT, a major internet player and IT company so rubbish at providing a service that Drpbox iCloud etc. do soooo much better?  Answers on a postcard please - that would be quicker than BT IT.

0 Ratings