Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squeaker
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud - How long to re-scan and update backup folders

Hi,

I have two large folders flagged to backup to the cloud via the windows app, and have recenelty made a few changes (adding, deleting and modifying files), but these are not being reflected in the online backup copy.

How long does it take for the windows app to recognise there has been a change and modify the online backup to reflect the local file structure?

Running Windows 10.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud - How long to re-scan and update backup folders

Hi @Squeaker and welcome.

Have the changes updated on your online backup copy? If not then you might want to contact the cloud helpdesk on 01324 451127. They'll be able to check everything is in order for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Adskew
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have the same issue, as noted on another thread. I know other folks personally that are seeing the same behavior with the BT cloud service and Windows 10, but they've abandoned it and switched to other cloud backup platform.

David - do you have a list of known issues/workarounds with the Cloud app and Windows 10 that you could share please?

I think it unlikely that the call centre will be able to provide that kind of information.

Many thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
andyb10
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

I have the same issue - was there an answer to this?

I added a folder with around 30Gb of data to my BT Cloud backups on Saturday and the folder was synced after leaving the PC on all night (does it usually take this long to back-up this amount of data - it must have taken around 10 hours?).

Yesterday I then added a few more files to the same folder, but the back-up didn't change, even after BT Cloud had scanned the folders.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to do anything to prompt the back-up to be re-synced?

Thanks, Andy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @andyb10 and thanks for posting.

Sorry your having problems with the back up. Your best bet would be to contact the Cloud Helpdesk on 0800 500 3114, 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun. They'l be able to check if everything is in order for you.

Cheers

DavidM

0 Ratings
andyb10
Message 6 of 6

OK thanks
0 Ratings