cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud, How to view files

Go to solution

The Platform for BT Cloud appears to have changed since the last time I used it. When I used to go to files, it opened with the Directories I had uploaded and if I wanted to see what was saved, I could tap the directory and it would open.

Now , the directories open, and when I try to open the directory I get the option to  Share, Favourite, Download and Delete. If I pick Download, a Zip file is downloaded and there there are no files in the Zip file. The Directories are showing  by their size that information is stored in them in the Cloud. 

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong, I don't want to download, I want to view what is stored with the possibility of deleting some documents, folders etc.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud, How to view files

Go to solution

Hi,

There are many queries, since the BT Cloud was updated to S/W 20.3.10in July, just search around this forum. Many people still have no answers, months later.

I have asked re- new manual to drive new S/W version, but nothing seems to be put forward. How do you know what to expect, or if working correct with no driving instructions?

Reading between the lines, The cloud is rented from a third party ,SYNCRONOSS. You have a problem, contact BT, who contact SYNCronoss. (Chinese whispers.).

BT knows of problems, but do not have clout to kick **bleep** at SYNCRONOSS, who do not seem to give a **bleep**.

Please search this forum since 07/07 2020 to see probs and frustrations people are having.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

HI CD179, thanks for your reply, I contacted BT and I have my problem resolved. I could view any files using Edge but I also tried Chrome, but the problem was still there. The BT agent asked  me to use the "incognito" element in Edge and I was able to see all my directories and files. 

He suggested there could be a security setting in MY Internet Security which is preventing me viewing the files in Edge using normal viewing.  This may help other people who are having similar problems, or even can advise me if they had issues with their Norton Internet Security.   

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Morning,

Well done, glad to hear of your success. You are the first I am aware of to have it. Many when asked to speak to BT Cloud, could not get through, as they did not have a department. Even the moderators on here were giving out numbers with were of no relevance.

Again I think If a new drop is applied a new set of operating instructions, with screen shots should be available. I am a MAC user and they really have no answers for such people.

Regards

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I had no difficulty getting through, I rang 0800800151, followed the menu for Broadband issues and when the advisor answered, she realised it wasn't in her area of expertise and passed me to BT Cloud help desk.