Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ginge
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud - Licence and Subscription has expired

Go to solution
On the 17th March I moved from BT Broadband to Infinity, however, over the first weekend I noticed that I couldn't connect to my BT Cloud account via the app on my laptop, plus it wouldn't accept my BT ID and Password at all.  So I went to My BT Account and in My Extras under BT Cloud it (still) says the following:

We are sorry you've chosen to leave BT Broadband.
    Don't forget to get all your photos and   files from BT Cloud.
    If you don't do anything they will be deleted on 16/04/2016.

So I clicked on the My BT Cloud button to try it from there and for a brief second the End User licence appears followed by an oblong box saying:

Subscription has ended

Your current subscription has ended. Please renew your subscription.

I clicked on the Renew Now button and filled in the details, it said I would receive a copy of the new details sent to my email address, however, this didn't come through and I'm still waiting.

Since clicking the Renew Now button I now can't get rid of the oblong box and see my BT Cloud photo's etc, I can see the folders in the greyed out background and I can also see that I've used 77% of the 50gb space, but I cannot access any of the folders/files/photo's.

So in my wisdom yesterday, I decided to call technical help and spent an hour and a half on the phone talking to a lady who wasn't much help and insisted that it was a technical issue and she wanted me to download all my cloud stuff and then reload it back up afterwards, even though she was told a number of times I couldn't access any of the files/folders etc so how could I download if I couldn't access them in the first place, just as she was getting back to me after speaking to someone about it my call was suddenly disconnected without warning, so I sat around for a while expecting a return call, after all she had my account details etc in front of her..... "how naive of me"

Can anyone help me find a solution, I haven't had a BT Cloud issue such as this crop up before with previous contract renewals, after all the only thing I did was renew not cancel but that's not what the warning above says?

Help anyone!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud - Licence and Subscription has expired

Go to solution

@Ginge I'm really sorry to read about the problems you've had with your BT cloud service since changing to BT Infinity. It does sound like an account issue rather than a technical problem and I am sorry your call to the helpdesk didn't go well.

If you need any help please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Ginge
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Neil I've sent a message...

Ginge

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Ginge,

I'm glad I was able to get this cleared up for you. Just to clarify for any other members having the same problem - 

This the known error which customers are getting at present on their Cloud account, if they are making any changes on their account (like renewing the package, upgrading the BB package or cancelling and adding ). They will get grace period of 30 days where customers will have the read only access to their cloud account. However, customers cannot make any changes or upload files during this period, but they can download all the files which are there on the cloud (before the cloud gets deleted) so that they won’t have lost their files. Once the given date in MY BT under my extras is passed customers will automatically get a new BT Cloud service on their account. In order to activate the new Cloud on the account customers need to login from www.btcloud.bt.com.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I suipect this problem is ongoing

RodoRod
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

No idea if it has been resolved - I had the same when re-contracting (for the same service) and - as I was paying for extra storage - I tried to get it resolved - after getting nowhere I ended up with a very good person from BT Consumer Resolutions and, after an e-mail exchange he resolved the issue.

This was in Jan 2016 - Must be costing BT a fortune in admin time if they still have not resolved this......

And hopefully they have stopped the call centre staff from blaming the customer and telling them that they did not specify their recontract correctly (even had one hang up on me telling me it was not a BT issues as I did not have an open order for the BT Cloud service and that he was terminating the call.....)

0 Ratings